GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Update MIB2 Software and Maps?

Stifftara

Car(s)
Golf 7.5 gtd
Hi all,

Does someone have the last sw for mib2high ? Or at least the same of this one. I have to clean install the sw.
thx

Attachments

• IMG_20210519_185900.jpg
    IMG_20210519_185900.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 461
  • IMG_20210519_185856.jpg
    IMG_20210519_185856.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 365

psx123

Car(s)
Golf MK7
Does mine need updating?
And how do I enable app-connect

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 279

Lth0ms0n

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2013 Golf GTD
Does mine need updating?
And how do I enable app-connect
AppConnect needs an activation key and a connection to the ODIS system, using VAS5054a, to enable it. @simaservis1108 can help you with that.

In terms of the software though, I'm not sure how you update that. I got my MIB2 unit last night and tried to initiate a software update on it, using the hotspot from my iPhone, to no avail...

Does anyone know, if CP is activated on the unit (mine is still waiting to be coded at the moment) does that prevent it from functioning using a hotspot in the car? That might explain why it failed to check for an update, unless it uses the Car-Net back-end which I know I'll never have access to (I don't think?) in order to pull the data down...

I did read on another post that sometimes the units will say they need an update if/when there is no actual update available for it.

psx123

Car(s)
Golf MK7
AppConnect needs an activation key and a connection to the ODIS system, using VAS5054a, to enable it. @simaservis1108 can help you with that.

In terms of the software though, I'm not sure how you update that. I got my MIB2 unit last night and tried to initiate a software update on it, using the hotspot from my iPhone, to no avail...

Does anyone know, if CP is activated on the unit (mine is still waiting to be coded at the moment) does that prevent it from functioning using a hotspot in the car? That might explain why it failed to check for an update, unless it uses the Car-Net back-end which I know I'll never have access to (I don't think?) in order to pull the data down...

I did read on another post that sometimes the units will say they need an update if/when there is no actual update available for it.
Someone locally does it for £130 to unlock app-connect and updates?

SpecFroce

Car(s)
E-Golf MK7
Hi everyone. I have a MIB 2.5 unit that was retrofitted to my MK7. Coding and adaptations went fine and everything worked until I decided to update the unit on my own. I managed to corrupt the RCC and the flash partition and I sent my unit to the UK for recovery.
The procedure was successful except for one thing.
The component protection cannot be removed due to an CRC fault according to ODIS.

I have no prior backup and while the unit can be hacked I want to unlock the component protection legally if possible.
Can the EEPROM be reprogrammed or cloned from a similar unit or is it a lost case ?
The part number changed from 5NA035043B to the same number but ending with D. Any insight or advice would be greatly appreciated. My hope is that the EEPROM can be cloned and restored but I have not the right equipment or experience to do it.

Lth0ms0n

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2013 Golf GTD
Hi everyone. I have a MIB 2.5 unit that was retrofitted to my MK7. Coding and adaptations went fine and everything worked until I decided to update the unit on my own. I managed to corrupt the RCC and the flash partition and I sent my unit to the UK for recovery.
The component protection cannot be removed due to an CRC fault according to ODIS.

I have no prior backup and while the unit can be hacked I want to unlock the component protection legally if possible.
Can the EEPROM be reprogrammed or cloned from a similar unit or is it a lost case ?
The part number changed from 5NA035043B to the same number but ending with D. Any insight or advice would be greatly appreciated. My hope is that the EEPROM can be cloned and restored but I have not the right equipment or experience to do it.
If you have your own VAS5054a cable, someone like @simaservis1108 might be able to help you with this. I’m not 100% sure though…

simaservis1108

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Seat Leon 5F FR

Forget it.That unit will never be able to be coded online.
Most likely unit was stolen and VIN erased from rendering it unusable for online operation.

Unfortunarely there is a plethora of stolen units since some idiots released CP off patches online.
Fortunately sending emails to VW and Audi helped and soon all will be taken down.

SpecFroce

Car(s)
E-Golf MK7
@simaservis1108
I did buy the unit from a third party and it was activated by my official VW dealership with online coding the very first time and connected with my car. If this unit was reported as stolen then I would have gotten feedback about that quickly and the activation would not have been possible to perform initially.

I also have a sales receipt from the vendor so everything has been conducted in good faith on my end.

I’m just asking for help to make that happen again with some expert tinkering. I have no interest whatsoever in stolen goods, and I hope that is the case for many more who frequent this forum. The issue at hand is to restore the unit to its original working condition.

Everything failed after I did a software update where my car decided fo turn itself off to save power. Something I did not anticipate since it was running an update process and had plenty of power.

simaservis1108

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Seat Leon 5F FR
@SpecForce
Something is not right here.

Area for component protection is not touched during update at all.

Shadowtuy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Hey I have some annoying android auto issues and was curious if there is a way for me to push an update myself? Since the dealership and me have a disagreement on most things.

2017 GTI sport not the nav one 😅