GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

upcoming 10K Service Visit - Question

JJ_MK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI Autobahn
Would a 10K miles service visit to the VW Dealer service department will trigger any undesirable consequences like flagging a TD1 on my tuned 2020 mk7.5 GTI? I believe there is also a TSB for some ECU software update which I'm going to refused as I'm almost certain would flag the car as modified.

RXXXII

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2021 VW GTI Autobahn
Possibly. Most likely not. Overall, they'll just do the oil and oil filter change and possibly check a few minor things - fluid levels, tire wear/pressure. Maybe wash and vacuum your car.

Recalls they will address for sure. TSB's are dealer-dependent. Most won't do anything unless you ask. Others may be proactive.

averyislost

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI S
Yeah I would definitely go ahead and let them know you don't want the TSB to be done on the car...

Also don't let them wash it, lol

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Depends on the dealer, some will note every aftermarket thing they can lay their eyes on. They probably aren't going to scan your ECU for an oil change... but they can be thorough during an inspection. Mine noted my aftermarket exhaust, aftermarket brakes, tires, everything they could see. If you have an accessport definitely take it off before going in.