GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Unpopular opinion maybe but the fender audio sounds great!

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
2020 dsg autobahn gti.

I am not an audiophile nor do I consider myself to have a trained ear. In fact I have some hearing loss in my left ear (apparently) and tinnitus

But I gotta say, the fender (Panasonic?) audio system sounds pretty damn good for a stock unit. I like how the bass is so filling while not thumping hard enough to tip off the cars near me.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I think the Fender system sounds great also but it's a hot button topic. It's so subjective. Audiophiles will disagree.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I think the Fender system sounds great also but it's a hot button topic. It's so subjective. Audiophiles will disagree.
If an audiophile disagreed I’d be ok with that. I wouldn’t even rebuttal LOL

My son is an audiophile. He did say the car sounded decent but no where near as good as my sisters bmw. Go figure.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
If an audiophile disagreed I’d be ok with that. I wouldn’t even rebuttal LOL

My son is an audiophile. He did say the car sounded decent but no where near as good as my sisters bmw. Go figure.

I fancy myself decently "aware" of ~how~ an Audiophile would judge a system, but I prefer an EQ that skews lower mid for more "full" sound. It's heavily dependent on things like the style of music you're into. I'm into hip hop and electronic, and I like the boom and body of my Helix system more than the crisp highs and tame lows of the Fender. As Fender's name may lend credence to, I think it fits the "older guys" better, as you all tend to like rock music :)

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I rest my case. I can't argue with that. I don't have the ability to perceive it like you do.

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
To me the Fender is good enough to where I feel no need to upgrade it, and that’s good enough for me

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I fancy myself decently "aware" of ~how~ an Audiophile would judge a system, but I prefer an EQ that skews lower mid for more "full" sound. It's heavily dependent on things like the style of music you're into. I'm into hip hop and electronic, and I like the boom and body of my Helix system more than the crisp highs and tame lows of the Fender. As Fender's name may lend credence to, I think it fits the "older guys" better, as you all tend to like rock music :)
I listen to everything. Even euro beat LOL

But for a stock oem it sounds good. I’m coming from a wrx and holy fuck did that sound horrid.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
After owning a WRX... the Fender system in the GTI sounds awesome. First time I owned a car and do not feel the need to thrown money at the radio to make it sound decent.
Same. I had a 2018 wrx. It sounded terrible. My first ride in the gti, when I cut the radio on, it blew me away

Mk_GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I'd rather have the Dynaudio system from my previous Mk6 with the Fender sub. The Fender system relies too much on the sub for bass.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
I also love it.

The Fender System is awesome for the cars cost.