GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Unlocking Remote Windows Feature

Tacomonster

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Gti 2019
Does anyone know how to unlock the windows feature where you can roll up/down windows via the keyfob? I have seen it youtube but don't know how to get this feature access.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Yup you need to get someone to enable the option via equipment mentioned above.

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
OBD Eleven or VCDS. Can't be done in just the factory head unit menu.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Would a dealer be able to do this?

Yes. But will they without charging for it? The easiest cheapest way is to buy a $15-20 OBD2 dongle on Amazon and buy one weeks usage of Carista for $9.99. Make all the changes you want beside the one that you want. Or just buy OBDeleven for around $60. A dealer would charge you more for just that one change than buying Carista or OBDeleven and then you can make lots of changes.

RuffledJersey

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 S DSG
Yes. But will they without charging for it? The easiest cheapest way is to buy a $15-20 OBD2 dongle on Amazon and buy one weeks usage of Carista for $9.99. Make all the changes you want beside the one that you want. Or just buy OBDeleven for around $60. A dealer would charge you more for just that one change than buying Carista or OBDeleven and then you can make lots of changes.

You could also buy a genuine Carista dongle for $30 which includes one free month of Carista service if you want more time to try things out.

Last edited:

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
idk how much diy you do but OBDeleven pro) is about 60/70 bux. worth it for stuff like this. I turned on factory alarm, adjust mpg readings/comfort blink, numerous window features (ie active for 10 minutes after you open door) not a huge investment but a good return.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
idk how much diy you do but OBDeleven pro) is about 60/70 bux. worth it for stuff like this. I turned on factory alarm, adjust mpg readings/comfort blink, numerous window features (ie active for 10 minutes after you open door) not a huge investment but a good return.

I agree. I didn't use OBDeleven I used Carista but my favorite change was being able to lock my car while it's running. In Phoenix making deliveries at residential deliveries I leave my car running but I didn't feel safe that way. Fortunately my deliveries are in a nice section of town so I didn't have to worry so much about it getting stolen but this gives me peace of mind.

Tacomonster

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Gti 2019
I’m new to the vw family and I have a lot to learn. Is there a difference between obd 11 vs vag com vs carista? I have a generic obs2 That I had used on an old Subaru with the obd fusion app on IOS, would I be able to do it with the generic reader?

Judas

Go Kart Newbie
Don't they come with factory alarm on?
Edit, wow I just assumed it had an alarm activated built in, I always wondered why if I locked it and opened a door from the inside, the alarm didn't go off
Can you point me in the right direction for obd eleven

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I’m new to the vw family and I have a lot to learn. Is there a difference between obd 11 vs vag com vs carista? I have a generic obs2 That I had used on an old Subaru with the obd fusion app on IOS, would I be able to do it with the generic reader?

I used an OBD2 dongle that I've had for 20 years and bought one weeks usage of Carista for $9.99. Made about 25 different changes. Below is the link for Apple.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/carista-obd2/id954363569

Tacomonster

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Gti 2019
I tried it with my old dongle but the Carista is throwing me error with a “bad” obd2 reader elm 327. Do you know why the obdeleven is twice as much as the carista Dongle?