GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Unitronic stage 2 & JB4 stack dyno results (approx. ~)

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
wait how does this work lol i am interested in doing this myself and want to know what hardware i need and what are the steps ?

You need the application Virtual Dyno (https://barnhill.bitbucket.io/). The application only works with Windows

You need something to log (Cobb, JB4 etc.) anything that measures essential data like boost, IAT, RPM, Pedal, IGN1, AFR and so on

Find a straight and flat road and log from as low as possible when boost starts building up till redline (3000 ish - 6500 ish rpm).
Input that log file (.csv) in Virtual dyno and fill in some info (weight of the car and yourself, final gear ratio, tire size etc.)

vincevtr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
You need the application Virtual Dyno (https://barnhill.bitbucket.io/). The application only works with Windows

You need something to log (Cobb, JB4 etc.) anything that measures essential data like boost, IAT, RPM, Pedal, IGN1, AFR and so on

Find a straight and flat road and log from as low as possible when boost starts building up till redline (3000 ish - 6500 ish rpm).
Input that log file (.csv) in Virtual dyno and fill in some info (weight of the car and yourself, final gear ratio, tire size etc.)

hmm ohh alright great i got the hardware lol thanks

dcgtimk7

Go Kart Newbie
Was the downpipe and stage 2 tune the only mods you had when you dynoed your car?

Hey guys

I thought it would be interesting to post up an approximative dyno chart from the results of the Unitronic stage 2 ECU flash + JB4.

Take this with a grain of salt since its done with Virtual Dyno!! (Don’t have access to an actual dyno anywhere close)
I did however make sure :

- road was as flat as possible
- 100% pedal from 3000 to 6500 ish rpm
- SAE correction for weather and pressure

From previous conversations with George, these numbers seem about right for mild JB4 settings with the Uni stg 2 combo.

Note: I also dialled back the map6 settings from what they originally were. Peak boost is 3.0 psi tapering to 2.0 psi near redline. I consider this a "winter map"
Yes! The Uni stg 2 ECU is *very* conservative!

Let me know your thoughts!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Mods are in signature. Same mods I had when I this Vdyno

(OEM intake mod - CTS turbo inlet pipe / turbo inlet tube, Uni DP, Uni stg 2 and JB4)

dcgtimk7

Go Kart Newbie
Mods are in signature. Same mods I had when I this Vdyno

(OEM intake mod - CTS turbo inlet pipe / turbo inlet tube, Uni DP, Uni stg 2 and JB4)

Ahhhh. I can't see the signature on the iPhone app. Those a great results! I made 334whp and 352lbft with uni stage 2, ie intercooler, revo downpipe, leyo TIP, apr intake and the stock Catback with a QTP electronic cutout between the muffler and resonator.

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Ahhhh. I can't see the signature on the iPhone app. Those a great results! I made 334whp and 352lbft with uni stage 2, ie intercooler, revo downpipe, leyo TIP, apr intake and the stock Catback with a QTP electronic cutout between the muffler and resonator.

Wow solid results!
How did the graph look? IS the power curve very different from the one I posted with the JB4?

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
With a bit more boost on the JB4 (4.0psi peak instead of 3.0psi), the curve changed a bit but the results are fairly the same

320whp seems to be the general consensus

Hoon

Autocross Champion
With a bit more boost on the JB4 (4.0psi peak instead of 3.0psi), the curve changed a bit but the results are fairly the same

320whp seems to be the general consensus

Car should be rolling, be curious what it makes on a DJ.

dcgtimk7

Go Kart Newbie
The graph looked similar to yours. How are you guys only peaking at 21.5psi my car peaks at 23psi usually and sometimes 24psi?

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
That looks much more realistic curve.

Ya it does

I think that's as close as I'll get to an estimate / approx. numbers before going on an actual dyno.

Car should be rolling, be curious what it makes on a DJ.

Ya it moves with the JB4 stack lol

Crazy what I little added boost can do up top ...

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
The graph looked similar to yours. How are you guys only peaking at 21.5psi my car peaks at 23psi usually and sometimes 24psi?

If you look at my log on the 1st page, I peaked at 23psi in 3rd gear
And peaked at 25.6psi going into 4th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunder2

Hi marc5800 your stage 2 Unitronic just boost 19PSI!!!!!!

Thunder2

marc5800 its possible to post your datalog of stage 2 Unitronic without JB4.......Thank