GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Unitronic stage 1 with 93 octane

NBMK7GTI

Go Kart Newbie
I think if your sticking with strictly pump gas and not going to take modding further, any of the ots tunes are fine if you’re not concerned with the resale. Had cobb been available for me at the time I would have had it but instead I went a different route. I think ultimately you should really decide what your goals are and take it from there. If it were me I’d 100% stick with an at home solution though. There’s no need to be paying someone to flash your car in this day and age.

Striker23

Go Kart Newbie
Details on what you gained going EQT ? I am FBO Uni stage 2. Love Uni but looking at doing something that is customizable to my car. Also, did your car hesitate for a split second when hitting it from 2nd or 3rd?
I had no issues with uni. Had it on my mk4 as well. I can’t remember it hesitating Too much during shifts but it would stutter during pulls now and then. I was a stock clutch with uni and when I got my SB STG3 installed I wanted something with a bit more punch. Boost builds earlier with EQT for sure. Car feels more lively. Paired with the new clutch it’s a different car. If you are stock clutch just upgrade n get it over with so you don’t have to baby it and can enjoy the power. EQT was having that great sale which made it easier to decide in the end plus the AP is versatile down the road if I go is38.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I had no issues with uni. Had it on my mk4 as well. I can’t remember it hesitating Too much during shifts but it would stutter during pulls now and then. I was a stock clutch with uni and when I got my SB STG3 installed I wanted something with a bit more punch. Boost builds earlier with EQT for sure. Car feels more lively. Paired with the new clutch it’s a different car. If you are stock clutch just upgrade n get it over with so you don’t have to baby it and can enjoy the power. EQT was having that great sale which made it easier to decide in the end plus the AP is versatile down the road if I go is38.

Thanks for the input. I have a ACT Stage 2+ clutch and SMF.

eajr

Go Kart Champion
Originally i was going to do a cobb stage 1+ with the intake and a borla s type catback exhaust would that be my best option for i guess low end mods?

Neither the intake nor the catback are required for the stage 1 tune. Not to mention they don't really grant you any performance gains, to say the least...

konzilla

Car(s)
'17 GTI Autobahn
i have a mk7.5 and im looking at tunes and mods and im thinking about the unitronic stage 1 but they say its a 91 tune and i can only get 93 or is 91 the minimum? Im not sure what they mean, and if you have recommendations on stages, tunes or mods im open to anything

If you want to use 91, then get stage 1.
If you want to use 93, get stage 1+ like I did, as it will give you a bit more HP. However, 1+ is $50 more but it’s worth it IMO.

I’ve read that you can run 93 on stage 1 but you won’t get that extra power you would get from stage 1+.

Looks like their tunes are on sale as well. Is this something you want to do on your own? If so, you’ll need to buy their connect+ cable as well which runs for $150. My biggest advice is to have a solid internet connection.