GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Unitronic stage 1 with 93 octane

Tastypoptart

Car(s)
volkswagen golf gti
i have a mk7.5 and im looking at tunes and mods and im thinking about the unitronic stage 1 but they say its a 91 tune and i can only get 93 or is 91 the minimum? Im not sure what they mean, and if you have recommendations on stages, tunes or mods im open to anything

MikeyR44

Go Kart Newbie
Unitronic was great.... 3 years ago. There are just better options on the market now that you can do from home and aren’t beholden to a dealer or a $150 cable. EQT with the accessport is a popular option right now and you can get a 91 or 93 tune from him.

Tastypoptart

Car(s)
volkswagen golf gti
Unitronic was great.... 3 years ago. There are just better options on the market now that you can do from home and aren’t beholden to a dealer or a $150 cable. EQT with the accessport is a popular option right now and you can get a 91 or 93 tune from him.
Stick with cobb or get one of their custom tunes?

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I've looked at a log from a cobb stage 1 tune recently and it's really not bad. I don't see any huge differences that would show a Uni tune being much better than a Cobb tune.

Tastypoptart

Car(s)
volkswagen golf gti
Originally i was going to do a cobb stage 1+ with the intake and a borla s type catback exhaust would that be my best option for i guess low end mods?

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Originally i was going to do a cobb stage 1+ with the intake and a borla s type catback exhaust would that be my best option for i guess low end mods?

Cobb gives you the most growth and you can resell it. No reason to go anywhere else if you can get cobb, unless you wan to to self tune.

Striker23

Go Kart Newbie
Pay a little more for an EQT ots map you won’t be disappointed. I had unitronic stg2 n switched to eqt stg2 and am happy with it. Uni was good but they don’t offer much customization and I wanted the flexibility that the AP provides down the road.

Visceral

Go Kart Newbie
It looks like this is going in a different tune direction but if you are still interested in OTC tunes, I can recommend the Uni 1+ tune with one asterik. The tune is linear to a fault. If you want to feel some punch from the tune then I would suggest APR. That said, the Cobb and custom tunes can give you all that and more flexibility down the road. If you're a set and forget it type then consider the OTC tune options.

Agray

Go Kart Champion
Can anyone comment on how gears 2-4 differ from Unitronic to EQT or APR? Like Visceral said, Uni is linear to a fault and while there's what I would describe as "strong" acceleration in these gears, I've never been pushed to the back of my seat from this tune.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Pay a little more for an EQT ots map you won’t be disappointed. I had unitronic stg2 n switched to eqt stg2 and am happy with it. Uni was good but they don’t offer much customization and I wanted the flexibility that the AP provides down the road.

Details on what you gained going EQT ? I am FBO Uni stage 2. Love Uni but looking at doing something that is customizable to my car. Also, did your car hesitate for a split second when hitting it from 2nd or 3rd?