GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Unitronic Stage 1 Tune Review?

DJsully20

Car(s)
2016 GTI
Yep, that’s pretty customary across the board...my clutch is shot now lol, I knew going to those much bigger power numbers @ Stage 1 that stock clutch wouldn’t hold that kinda tq. Luckily I expected this. Just ordered the tires tonight lol, think I’m leaning towards Sachs Stage 2 clutch. What’s most people running clutch wise for Stage 2 power in a manual?

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Within the next month, I’ll be pulling the trigger on a Southbend Stage 3 Daily to go with an almost-full HPA treatment - pretty much all on my Coming Soon list except the intercooler (due to Vancouver’s really cool weather currently) which will be next year, according to my managing partner :ROFLMAO:

Sachs is good. Theyre the OEM for our platform, but you’ll hear Southbend and DKM among the top picks.

Whichever you get, make sure it’s more than you need. Clutch jobs are costly, unless you’ll do it yourself, and better done once properly.

Last edited:

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI

edstigator

Car(s)
2019 Golf R 6Spd
Just picked up my R from the shop yesterday. Installed the DKM stage 3 twin disc. Big difference over the stock clutch, which was to be expected. Clatter isn’t as bad I was expecting and I’m hoping it settles down as the break in happens. The shifts in the car now are super smooth. Can’t wait to get out of the break in period to really have some fun. Overall really happy with this upgrade.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Just picked up my R from the shop yesterday. Installed the DKM stage 3 twin disc. Big difference over the stock clutch, which was to be expected. Clatter isn’t as bad I was expecting and I’m hoping it settles down as the break in happens. The shifts in the car now are super smooth. Can’t wait to get out of the break in period to really have some fun. Overall really happy with this upgrade.

Did you remove the CDV?

edstigator

Car(s)
2019 Golf R 6Spd
No I haven’t yet, but based on the feel of the clutch right now I’m debating it. I’m finding it difficult to get a smooth take off right now. Basically can’t feather the gas at the moment and need to just release clutch then hit gas after car is moving.
Did you remove the CDV?

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
No I haven’t yet, but based on the feel of the clutch right now I’m debating it. I’m finding it difficult to get a smooth take off right now. Basically can’t feather the gas at the moment and need to just release clutch then hit gas after car is moving.

you need to do the cdv delete, you will control the clutch engagement better.