Unitronic stage 1+ Top Speed

Jacobmk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI S 4dr DSG
OP,
What speed are your tires rated for?
Keep that in mind when you push them.
The impact on tires also depends on how long you stay at speed, age, wear, etc.
New tires best for higher speed runs.
Do lower speed testing to make sure no internal tires issues before a high speed run.
My thoughts.

Unitronic, love my tune. Sure there are better, but for a dialy fun driver it is smooth and solid.
TCU helps handle the extra HP. For those that want a smoother DSG, Unitronic helps with this.
I have Pilot Sport AS3+, about 20k on them. Would love to have a TCU tune but really don’t wanna spend the money right now and probably wouldn’t go Unitronic again anyway. Trying not to put anymore money in this car, currently saving up for M340i or S4 in the next couple years.

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
I have Pilot Sport AS3+, about 20k on them. Would love to have a TCU tune but really don’t wanna spend the money right now and probably wouldn’t go Unitronic again anyway. Trying not to put anymore money in this car, currently saving up for M340i or S4 in the next couple years.
Tire rating?
4-5 different types for this tire.

VL3X

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
I absolutely love my Uni S1+ tune! It's perfect for daily driving and absolutely rips at the road course. Public road top speed runs aren't my thing, but I've never had trouble hitting ~120+ on the long straight at the track.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
I absolutely love my Uni S1+ tune! It's perfect for daily driving and absolutely rips at the road course. Public road top speed runs aren't my thing, but I've never had trouble hitting ~120+ on the long straight at the track.

He only got the ECU tune and, according to Uni, there's a TCU limiter as well.