GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Unitronic Stage 1+ Installed

Pbrowne

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2021 GTI
I ordered the Unitronic Stage 1+ ECU upgrade from Deutsche Auto Parts, installed it, and I am very pleased with the results. This is on a 2016 Golf 1.8 TSI SEL.

I recommend viewing DAP's video on the upgrade to fully understand the upgrade process. I had a bit of an issue with installing the software on my PC before doing the upgrade, but the Unitronic customer support was very helpful.

Before doing the upgrade I ran the tank almost down to empty and filled it with 93 octane gas. The upgrade went very smoothly. I followed DAP's suggestion to keep a battery charger attached during the upgrade.

The results are simply great. The increased power is immediately noticeable. No drivability problems at all. The steering assist computer took a bit to adapt to the increase power to prevent torque steer. It was a bit shocking the way the steering reacted when I first planted my foot in the gas. But it has adapted well.

The upgrade works extremely well with no problems. I particularly appreciate the extra power for passing. Not sure yet about gas mileage. It may be affected by using the pleasurable application of power to make things in the mirror grow small quickly!

bkuu

Passed Driver's Ed
nice! I just got my mk7 GTI (500 mi) and I'm itching to get the stage 1+ . Really want to wait til I break in the car a little more but man I'm getting impatient lol

Mk7user

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 2015
How you going to corner & stop with stock brakes & tires?
Or is the V8 like red light speed all you care about?

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36

So just because a car has more power then it did stock, doesn't mean you need bigger brakes or better tires. You just have to be more careful, or not be a dumbass and take it easy in the turns.

People who say you need to upgrade brakes and tires the instant you start making more power are clearly unsafe and terrible drivers if they can't alter their driver mod to deal with the new situation. When I increased my B5's horsepower by 50ish (150-200hp) I didn't touch the tires or brakes, and I would "race car" it.

Mk7user

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 2015
So just because a car has more power then it did stock, doesn't mean you need bigger brakes or better tires. You just have to be more careful, or not be a dumbass and take it easy in the turns.

People who say you need to upgrade brakes and tires the instant you start making more power are clearly unsafe and terrible drivers if they can't alter their driver mod to deal with the new situation. When I increased my B5's horsepower by 50ish (150-200hp) I didn't touch the tires or brakes, and I would "race car" it.

Nothing like spending for more power & then having to 'be more careful' ie code for driving like grandma.
vs. Adding more power & increasing margins of safety.

Everyone also think they are Hamilton or Vettel too & 99.9% of the world isn't.
So you must be that .01% until you aren't...sweeping generalization to ya.

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion

Nothing like spending for more power & then having to 'be more careful' ie code for driving like grandma.
vs. Adding more power & increasing margins of safety.

Everyone also think they are Hamilton or Vettel too & 99.9% of the world isn't.
So you must be that .01% until you aren't...sweeping generalization to ya.

Who pissed in this guys cheerios?

My car stops/corners just fine with stock braking/suspension equipment and I'm stage 2 APR HT. BTW, who drives like a grandma after they tune?

rcb020

Passed Driver's Ed
A stage 1+ tune is not going to overwhelm the stock GTI chassis... brake performance on the street will be fine unless you are talking about repeated abuse seen on a race track. Even then, a simple DOT 4 fluid and pad swap would be more than plenty for a street driven car.

Tires will make every aspect of the car better, but it is not inherently more dangerous in stock form.

Chronic

Go Kart Champion
Who pissed in this guys cheerios?

My car stops/corners just fine with stock braking/suspension equipment and I'm stage 2 APR HT. BTW, who drives like a grandma after they tune?

Ya no kidding

My car also doesn't have any issues with cornering or stopping,only thing is I just get there quicker still stops the same

Pyzon

Ready to race!
I ordered the Unitronic Stage 1+ ECU upgrade from Deutsche Auto Parts, installed it, and I am very pleased with the results. This is on a 2016 Golf 1.8 TSI SEL.

I recommend viewing DAP's video on the upgrade to fully understand the upgrade process. I had a bit of an issue with installing the software on my PC before doing the upgrade, but the Unitronic customer support was very helpful.

Congtratz and good luck with it, I have found some of DAPs videos to be lacking a bit of details..watched two and had to google another for more details. Annoying since he gives good guidance and instruction.

Pyzon

Ready to race!
Ya no kidding

My car also doesn't have any issues with cornering or stopping,only thing is I just get there quicker still stops the same

Honey nut and piss - now that will wake you up of a mornin...