GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Unitronic Stage 1+ and PA emissions

berfles

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'16 GTI PP, 94 RX-7
Has anyone had issues with this? Last year I took it to some mom and pop shop and the guy freaked out because he put the stickers on before actually testing anything, then came back and told me that I had either cleared a CEL or disconnected the battery. I did neither of those things, but now since my inspection is due again it got me wondering if my tune somehow put one of the systems in an unready state, has that happened to anyone else? Unitronic said they recommend de-tuning before inspection, what can I check with OBDEleven to make sure all my systems are in a ready state? Is it still a 100 mile distance before things reset if I do de-tune it?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I don't have an OBDeleven but doesn't it do a scan to see if all states of readiness are met?

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I don't have an OBDeleven but doesn't it do a scan to see if all states of readiness are met?
Yep. There's a section for readiness somewhere in control unit 01.

berfles

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'16 GTI PP, 94 RX-7
I guess it's good to go? I only had it on accessory mode though, do I need to have it on for the others? Also thought the screen showed more before I took the screenshot, could have sworn I saw something that actually said "Ready".

No engine fault codes were stored either.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
If you're on a Uni Stage 1 tune, you don't have to worry about emissions. If there IS an emissions fault, it's either an issue with your factory exhaust, or a flashing glitch, possibly due to a poor connection when flashing if you used a laptop in your driveway.

If that OBDEleven scan says you're good, I think you're good.

berfles

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'16 GTI PP, 94 RX-7
If you're on a Uni Stage 1 tune, you don't have to worry about emissions. If there IS an emissions fault, it's either an issue with your factory exhaust, or a flashing glitch, possibly due to a poor connection when flashing if you used a laptop in your driveway.

If that OBDEleven scan says you're good, I think you're good.

Where exactly does it say it's good though? I see that it says no faults, but I also see a lot of "not completed successfully" messages.

Earlier that day I did have it to another garage to replace my parking brake, but I'm pretty sure they didn't disconnect the battery because my tripometer was still set. That was the only other thing I could think of because the car has never had a CEL on in its life.

berfles

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'16 GTI PP, 94 RX-7
Well, flashed back to stock tonight. Maybe I can get to 100 miles by Friday, if nothing else at least I know they won't beat on it during their stupid test drive they do.

Joel76

Car(s)
Mk6 GTI, MK7 GTI
Well, flashed back to stock tonight. Maybe I can get to 100 miles by Friday, if nothing else at least I know they won't beat on it during their stupid test drive they do.
How did this turn out? I'm having 'ready' problems with a Uni stage 1 + as well.

I have a down pipe and stage 2 flash waiting but hate to think I'll have to rip the pipe off and replace the stock pipe and flash every time I have to e-check the car.