GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Unitronic Stage 1+ and PA emissions

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
I passed with stage 1 and 2 tune in PA as well as is38 and current custom tune...just take it to a different place for inspection and all...mine was done at a vw dealer as well

berfles

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'16 GTI PP, 94 RX-7
Yep, I flashed back to stock and within 20 miles all systems were ready. Passed no issues and flashed back.

Zacevansphoto

Car(s)
2015 GTI
Having readiness monitor issues with my Unitronic Stage1+ as well. Called Unitronic directly. They told me stage 1+ should NOT effect emissions, they say I have the old version 4, version 6 is the newest. Weird cause I had tune installed in August of 2021. So I guess I need to go back to my tuner, have them flash back to stock, do emissions, then flash to newer version?

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Having readiness monitor issues with my Unitronic Stage1+ as well. Called Unitronic directly. They told me stage 1+ should NOT effect emissions, they say I have the old version 4, version 6 is the newest. Weird cause I had tune installed in August of 2021. So I guess I need to go back to my tuner, have them flash back to stock, do emissions, then flash to newer version?
Which monitors are failing? Because as Unitronic stated, stage 1 shouldn’t affect emissions.

summakor

Car(s)
'15 GTI
I had this issue with Maryland inspection twice now with a Unitronic 1+ tune. No CELs or recent code resets, I take it in and its "Not Ready ," and they tell me to drive it a bit more. Call the Unitronic dealer and they say the same thing, it should pass fine. I check Readiness on OBDEleven and it's a mixed bag of tests performed and not performed. I drive it a week or two, take it back and it PASSES. Looking at OBD Eleven ready data... Nothing changed! Relieved but frustrated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230728-104325.png
    Screenshot_20230728-104325.png
    250.1 KB · Views: 20