Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Bro your tuner is telling you to do it, just do it 😂

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I like whooshie sounds though, can I least have a spacer on the OEM DV, like I had before?

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Fair enough. I will have to order one though.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Roger that

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Why do you say that ?

Factory DV is a critical component of the ECU’s boost control mechanisms. The factory DV is not a weak point in the system. Aftermarket BOVs operate differently thus creating unintended side effects, like staying shut longer than the ECU wanted, or opening more than the ECU eanted.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Well I know its a critical component, but saying the factory is better than an aftermarket brand that is notoriously noted for working well with modified cars ( had one on my Supra).. well Im gonna have to see logs for myself and compare the differences before I agree with that.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Well I know its a critical component, but saying the factory is better than an aftermarket brand that is notoriously noted for working well with modified cars ( had one on my Supra).. well Im gonna have to see logs for myself and compare the differences before I agree with that.

I believe wholeheartedly that, historically speaking, DV/BOV “upgrades” have added value to a build. The EA888 Gen 1/2 motors on the MK5/MK6 had poor factory DVs - it was a common upgrade to get the GoFastBits DV+, because the factory part wasn’t up to the task with higher boost.

That is simply not the case with the EA888 Gen 3/MK7 DV. Like many other aspects of the motor, the Gen 3 introduced design revisions based on 10 years of warranty work and documented issues with the Gen1/2 motors. The DV is 100% capable for all but the most involved (500HP+) builds.

I promise - reverting to stock DV will improve driveability / smoothness / performance.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
I believe wholeheartedly that, historically speaking, DV/BOV “upgrades” have added value to a build. The EA888 Gen 1/2 motors on the MK5/MK6 had poor factory DVs - it was a common upgrade to get the GoFastBits DV+, because the factory part wasn’t up to the task with higher boost.

That is simply not the case with the EA888 Gen 3/MK7 DV. Like many other aspects of the motor, the Gen 3 introduced design revisions based on 10 years of warranty work and documented issues with the Gen1/2 motors. The DV is 100% capable for all but the most involved (500HP+) builds.

I promise - reverting to stock DV will improve driveability / smoothness / performance.
Spot on with this. Even after the early dv's on the mk5/6 had issues...the hype about dv+ came about only to come around again that the latest revision D was the winner. Sometimes oem is the best choice and this is the case here. Just because aftermarket exists doesnt mean it's better.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

Thanks, I am aware the current EA888 Gen 3 and it OEM DV is the cats meow. I am going to put a stock one back for the sake of removing variables of error until the car is dialed in via OS tuning.