GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Unitronic IS38 log

9nine9

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GSW IS38
Hi Guys
Had IHI IS38 and Unitronic ECU/TCU tunes put in last weekend.
2018 GSW 4mo
Racingline intake stuff, IE downpipe, stock intercooler- RL intercooler in basement just need decent weather for driveway install
Couple 3rd gear pulls from today- hesitancy getting to full pedal was not wanting to engage kickdown button.
Super fun although I know wastegate needs adjustment as showing 3.45V. I need a 10mm stubby to get in there.
Logged with JB4 map 0-- I'd like explore a mild stack on the tune.
Any thoughts?
https://datazap.me/u/alex-howard/log-1619983931?log=0&data=1-4-5&trim=5&tmin=1.20&tmax=100.00

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I’m new to this platform. But the car seems strong. Looks like the meth is doing it’s thing. Seems like there is some knock? I mean, I think it’s knock? I’m referring to the ign_# parameters. It’s either that or the parameters are showing how it’s adjusting timing. I saw your log on mobile, not a pc so I can’t really tell. Regardless I’d assume you’d want that as close to 0 as possible.

what concentration of meth are you using? I’d consider upping the concentration of meth or lowering boost a tiny bit and see what that does?

sorry if my info is wrong. I’ve never tuned a vw and I’m unclear as to how to look at these parameters.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Looks good. I have the same and do/have done quite a bit of logging. Min/no timing retard, nice flat boost, good timing advance. This on 93? you can run 2.5 gal of E85 and get a few more degrees of advance on this tune. The DSG tune disables the kick down in manual mode so just stomp it! I do see a touch more boost - I peak around 21 and taper to around 19.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Looks good. I have the same and do/have done quite a bit of logging. Min/no timing retard, nice flat boost, good timing advance. This on 93? you can run 2.5 gal of E85 and get a few more degrees of advance on this tune. The DSG tune disables the kick down in manual mode so just stomp it! I do see a touch more boost - I peak around 21 and taper to around 19.
He's got that northern 94 octane juice.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
He's got that northern 94 octane juice.
He must have b/c on the 93 down here in VA, I won't see that much advance - under 10 for sure and can get up to 14 running E20-ish.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
He must have b/c on the 93 down here in VA, I won't see that much advance - under 10 for sure and can get up to 14 running E20-ish.

His log notes are:
IS38nRL intake, TIP, IE downpipe, stock intercooler Petro-Can Ultra 94 Ambient temp 24 C

Yeah, seems like a solid amount of timing to make up for the softer boost.

9nine9

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GSW IS38
Awesome, thanks guys
Have you tried stacking?
II'm going to try a +1 map 6 and see what that looks like