GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Unitronic Exhaust Opinions??

Malibuboats91

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2010 Jetta Wolfsburg
Hey guys, I'm looking at getting a turbo-back system for my car and was wondering your opinions on the Unitronic system. I haven't heard much about the quality. It's currently between the Unitronic, AWE Touring or APR DP with AWE Touring cat-back. Any help would be much appreciated!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Malibuboats91

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2010 Jetta Wolfsburg
Anyone?

Malibuboats91

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2010 Jetta Wolfsburg
Bump

skian

Ready to race!
I installed the unitronic TBE about 3k miles ago. Overall a great setup for the $. The build quality is fantastic. All the vband connections line up perfectly. The performance gains are soild even on stock tune. Once tuned it really opens up. When cruising at <2.5k rpm is quiet. When you lay into it she screems like a WWII fighter plane. My only complaint is around 3krpm with the windows shut there is drone.

Malibuboats91

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2010 Jetta Wolfsburg
I installed the unitronic TBE about 3k miles ago. Overall a great setup for the $. The build quality is fantastic. All the vband connections line up perfectly. The performance gains are soild even on stock tune. Once tuned it really opens up. When cruising at <2.5k rpm is quiet. When you lay into it she screems like a WWII fighter plane. My only complaint is around 3krpm with the windows shut there is drone.

How is it on the highway as far as drone?

skian

Ready to race!
If your cruising on the highway at 2500rpm or lower theres is no drone. If you maintain 3000 rpm there is drone, as well as when accelerating on the highway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Malibuboats91

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2010 Jetta Wolfsburg
My only concern is that Unitronic hasn't been making exhausts for a long time like AWE. I know AWE makes top notch stuff but haven't been able to find anything on how Unitronic holds up.

ModdedEuros

Go Kart Champion
My only concern is that Unitronic hasn't been making exhausts for a long time like AWE. I know AWE makes top notch stuff but haven't been able to find anything on how Unitronic holds up.

Unitronic systems have been around for a little while and can assure you they are nothing but quality pieces.

Frank@KMD2

Passed Driver's Ed
as stated above by many, the Unitronic Exhaust systems are well made and have the enthusiast in mind. V-banded clamps that allow proper seal.
it sounds great. We have had many exhausts come into the shop. The AWE is great, but on the louder side. Uni has the nice and tame exhaust note when you are easy on the throttle. But when you want to get on it, thats when the exhaust really makes your car come alive.

Malibuboats91

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2010 Jetta Wolfsburg
I ended up going with the APR downpipe and the AWE cat-back. Thanks for the help!

kguti6691

Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Any chance you have videos of in cabin sound and exterior sound? Is the drone extremely loud like barring and raspy when upshifting?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Any chance you have videos of in cabin sound and exterior sound? Is the drone extremely loud like barring and raspy when upshifting?

Welcome to the forum. The post you quoted is 5 years old. Check the thread "how to get the sound you want".