Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Just announced today.

Someone has to be first.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Halvie

WOOSA
Seeing if I can get it after work. Car already feels really slow in 4th and 5th. Waiting till spring for a bigger turbo with stock tune will be hard.

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
Congratulations to United Motorsports on figuring this out!

I'm also pleased to see them encourage a DSG software update at the same time as flashing the ECU to avoid mismatched shift points with the updated powerband.

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Congratulations to United Motorsports on figuring this out!

I'm also pleased to see them encourage a DSG software update at the same time as flashing the ECU to avoid mismatched shift points with the updated powerband.
They recommend the DSG tune anyway because their tunes make more torque than comparable tuners.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Halvie

WOOSA
Wow. Huge difference from stock. WAAAY more impressed going stage 1 with this than on my GTI. That was ehhh. This is definitely not. BT is going to be bonkers on these.

Any one have a clue how much a dp and file 3 add from stage 1?

Last edited:

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Here is their Dyno graph. This is their (2) tune. Max torque. This assumes that car is stock other than the tune.

They told me that with a downpipe and other upgrades, expect a 10-15% increase in power and 5% increase in torque.

Aussie R

Ready to race!
That's fantastic torque for stage 1 tune. I can see why it's advised to get tcu tune at same time to cope as over the safe levels I've heard for stock DSG.

I'm waiting and hoping APR follows them and does higher torque tune stage 2 now tcu software out. 420+ lbs should be about the right mark!

One thing I noticed is seems gains only start from 3000rpm onwards, you would hope then stage 2 brings it on earlier and good gains from say 2500rpm.

Aussie R

Ready to race!
Rscott, mate I'd highly advise to look at APR or Revo as there are differences in the US engines and ROW (ours) so tune will be different. Hence why ROW tune on APR is 20hp more on stage 1 tune.

Need tune that's developed for our cars and fuelling. I have no doubt that UM would be great but I'd advise tune based off more local testing.

rscott4563

Ready to race!
Which way are you going to go with yours?

Right now I'm thinking the JB1 looks like the best product on the market considering the ECU lock issue and the benefit of being completely removable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
That's fantastic torque for stage 1 tune. I can see why it's advised to get tcu tune at same time to cope as over the safe levels I've heard for stock DSG.

I'm waiting and hoping APR follows them and does higher torque tune stage 2 now tcu software out. 420+ lbs should be about the right mark!

One thing I noticed is seems gains only start from 3000rpm onwards, you would hope then stage 2 brings it on earlier and good gains from say 2500rpm.

When you add a downpipe for Stage 2, the turbine will spool quicker. Hence, more low end torque.

Aussie R

Ready to race!
Thanks baldilocks, I was meaning that if they get similar gains in low end between 2000-3000 that say APR stage 2 get would be massive improvement as seems power comes in few 100 rpm later so stage 2 could potentially bring in power say 700rpm earlier, APR looks like 3-400.

For myself and guess most in that 2000-3000 rpm band most of time in normal daily driving so most low end torque and response very important.