GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

United Motorsports Gen5 Haldex for MQB Vehicles

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
Diff is just tires. Tough to change more than one variable and figure what is causing what. The tune isn't the issue.
Negative. Was cutting 1.7’s on the street back then on cheap federal. 60’ was the same on R888R’s vs Hoosiers recently.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Negative. Was cutting 1.7’s on the street back then on cheap federal. 60’ was the same on R888R’s vs Hoosiers recently.
There is nothing in that tune that would have any impact on this - it's just removing the torque limiter to get the full 50% of your existing tuned power (assume you are tuned?) to the back. My 60's are unchanged but "at the limit" handling and mid-apex power outs are improved. My point is that you have to always compare apples to apples on this stuff - so unelss you have the cheap federals on the street now, it's not the same. Track/street v. different and all this with tires adds to the complexity of comparisons. So you are getting 1.7s still on the street is what I read after the tune BUT you have more aggressive tires which you think should drop your 60's? I don't bleieve you are goign to do much better than a 1.7 in these cars on the street regardless of tire...the track is v. different.

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
No, the 1.72 was pre UM on cheap tires. If I cut that now, no complaints. Went to the track Friday and because of a 1.80 60’ I was stuck at 7.0@102, launching on Hoosiers. Seems like the LC is lagging on launch and slowly rolling out. Same TCU tune as before, zero wheel spin, brand new clutches.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
No, the 1.72 was pre UM on cheap tires. If I cut that now, no complaints. Went to the track Friday and because of a 1.80 60’ I was stuck at 7.0@102, launching on Hoosiers. Seems like the LC is lagging on launch and slowly rolling out. Same TCU tune as before, zero wheel spin, brand new clutches.
Again, I don't think this tune is the cause, can be so many things.

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
I realize this is not in the spirit of this thread, but has anyone messed with one of these?

https://www.vdveer-engineering.nl/en/products/haldex-controller/haldex-controller-overview

I picked up the Van Der Veer Haldex Controller from the classifieds for 400.00. Still trying to figure out all the customization available. I tried the 50/50 and it was definitely noticeable but didn't keep it set there for long as I'm not sure what negative impact it could have. Would appreciate if anyone could tell me if it's safe. The other nice feature I like is that it allows you to turn off the Haldex completely. Does that have any negative impact? I keep it set at 'passthrough' until I feel a bit more comfortable with all the settings etc.

This is on my Alltrack which will never see much more than 350/360hp.

RudyH

Go Kart Champion
I picked up the Van Der Veer Haldex Controller from the classifieds for 400.00. Still trying to figure out all the customization available. I tried the 50/50 and it was definitely noticeable but didn't keep it set there for long as I'm not sure what negative impact it could have. Would appreciate if anyone could tell me if it's safe. The other nice feature I like is that it allows you to turn off the Haldex completely. Does that have any negative impact? I keep it set at 'passthrough' until I feel a bit more comfortable with all the settings etc.

This is on my Alltrack which will never see much more than 350/360hp.

Wrong product?

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
Is there a walkthrough somewhere on where to remove the haldex unit to be flashed? Not sure where to look.

Thanks!

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Is there a walkthrough somewhere on where to remove the haldex unit to be flashed? Not sure where to look.

Thanks!
You don't remove anything, a United dealer flashes it through the OBD2 port.

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
Im planning on buying a used controller and swapping with the owner.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Im planning on buying a used controller and swapping with the owner.
Not sure here - do you mean one of the stand-along tuning units that folks run?

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
You don't remove anything, a United dealer flashes it through the OBD2 port.

You can technically send your unit to Fred @ UM and he'll flash it direct. I was entertaining that option as the closest dealer was about four hours away from me one way.

But can't answer the question about removing. There's several YouTube videos on it though, as I remember watching them.