GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

United Motorsports Gen5 Haldex for MQB Vehicles

Delasangre4231

Passed Driver's Ed
i’d like to know the effects on the rear diff of sending more power to the rear. long term.
Probably the same effects as extra clamping force on the clutches from a DSG tune, its perfectly safe and I would personally do shorter maintenance intervals but I haven't heard too much about failures. I will probably tune or get a controller for the Haldex on my 2017 R eventually but at the moment EQT stage 1 and APR DSG and its still launches like mad in the wet on all seasons so I haven't hit the HP numbers yet where the front spins.

Delasangre4231

Passed Driver's Ed

Delasangre4231

Passed Driver's Ed
Otw to get the UM flash, hopefully it helps with spinning..
I'm curious, have you had the Haldex serviced yet/recently, and or have you looked for codes in the Haldex module? I've heard that the Haldex can stop working and not throw a CEL and you have to manually look in the module for codes.

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
I'm curious, have you had the Haldex serviced yet/recently, and or have you looked for codes in the Haldex module? I've heard that the Haldex can stop working and not throw a CEL and you have to manually look in the module for codes.
Going up re service the DSG and Haldex within the next two weekends. Haldex works. Hooked up decent on 30psi, but now on 34-35psi it will spin enough to make it short shift into 2nd. Also still cold here and on summer tires.

Delasangre4231

Passed Driver's Ed
Going up re service the DSG and Haldex within the next two weekends. Haldex works. Hooked up decent on 30psi, but now on 34-35psi it will spin enough to make it short shift into 2nd. Also still cold here and on summer tires.
Ok, I'm just checking because I was just curious after seeing alot of talk of this but nobody linking it to spinning. One forum had multiple people with the same or similar tunes and some spun and some didn't.

Can't wait to hear your results!

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Interested as well. On Jb1, mine was perfectly fine. After my HPA tune, I spin enough to let off or ss to 2nd like you.

I plan on replacing my Haldex pump this year.

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
Will need more time to come to a verdict. 39 degrees on a damp road it mostly hooked punching it in first. Seat of the pants I could feel more input from the rear as in the being pushed feeling.
Also got to see the NGP LMS RS3. That thing was awesome.

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
Lol. That’s the goal. Ordered the BFI stage 2 mounts as well.

Delasangre4231

Passed Driver's Ed
Lol. That’s the goal. Ordered the BFI stage 2 mounts as well.
Please update us as you drive it more. I'm also curious if you get better cruising/light throttle gas mileage. They say you will because the Haldex will be decoupled on the highway but I'm skeptical because I think stock it does that too

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
Please update us as you drive it more. I'm also curious if you get better cruising/light throttle gas mileage. They say you will because the Haldex will be decoupled on the highway but I'm skeptical because I think stock it does that too
A little over 1.5hrs driving and I’m not seeing a mpg gain that’s noticeable. Also E85 so my average is 21.4 right now though.

Delasangre4231

Passed Driver's Ed
A little over 1.5hrs driving and I’m not seeing a mpg gain that’s noticeable. Also E85 so my average is 21.4 right now though.
Ahh so not really a fair comparison. My commute to work is fairly hilly and my GTI would get 28 average and the R does 21-23 on the same drive. The GTI would get 38 highway on 1.5 hour plus drives, haven't been on that long a trip in the R yet.

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
Tried LC at just 3k, and it spun 1-2nd hard. (The roads were pretty damp, was 45 then and on summer tires) It was different though I could tell the rears were really spinning too. It didn’t seem to just shoot up in rpms that quick and short shift early or anything. It just rode it out spinning front and rear. Felt like it was actually a real AWD. Lol. Have a race the 20th. I’ll leave a final thought after then and launching it on DR’s.