GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

United Motorsports Gen5 Haldex for MQB Vehicles

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
Can anyone with this Haldex tune and VCDS help me out with a logging value?
Thanks

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
I have yet to see any fuel savings from this tune.

I was referring to the comment above mine that said there was no advantage to a Haldex system over the system Subaru uses. You will not see a milage increase from a Haldex tune.

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
Can someone please help me out that has this tune and check these values during LC active while throttle and brake pressed? (you do not to launce the car)
See picture below for the 2 values I need.

Sent fra min SM-G955F via Tapatalk

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Can someone please help me out that has this tune and check these values during LC active while throttle and brake pressed? (you do not to launce the car)
See picture below for the 2 values I need.

If you need this when i get my car back from shop I can help you out.. That won't be until mon/tue next week.

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
If you need this when i get my car back from shop I can help you out.. That won't be until mon/tue next week.
Great thanks [emoji4] [emoji106] [emoji41]

Delasangre4231

Passed Driver's Ed
Resurrecting a dead thread. I just bought a 2017 R and so far I am in love, its bone stock so its slower than my APR stage 1 MK7 GTI I traded in for the R. (Tune is coming). I posted about my drop in fuel mileage on my commute and someone said I need this Haldex tune for some better MPG but reading all 13 pages it doesn't appear this tune would do anything to help economy.

It seems to me that the rear diff already decouples when cruising how it comes stock, or at least that is my understanding? I thought that was the point of the Haldex.

Also my car has zero wheel-spin that I can tell, granted stock. It launches hard, and its in the high 30's low 40's F and moist and on performance all seasons. This is just an observation and a guess but I wondered reading the bulk of this thread, it seems some still have wheel-spin and some this tune helps or eliminates. I also was reading up about troubleshooting the Haldex and some of the common issues, and I was wondering perhaps the folks that aren't seeing an improvement have a fault in the Haldex or the filter screen is plugged or something.

For $600, at this time it doesn't seem worth much to me, I have yet to really push the R since its winter, or maybe I am too used to my GTI. Maybe my feelings will change once I get the EQT stage 1 tune.

Mosquito

Go Kart Champion
Resurrecting a dead thread. I just bought a 2017 R and so far I am in love, its bone stock so its slower than my APR stage 1 MK7 GTI I traded in for the R. (Tune is coming). I posted about my drop in fuel mileage on my commute and someone said I need this Haldex tune for some better MPG but reading all 13 pages it doesn't appear this tune would do anything to help economy.

It seems to me that the rear diff already decouples when cruising how it comes stock, or at least that is my understanding? I thought that was the point of the Haldex.

Also my car has zero wheel-spin that I can tell, granted stock. It launches hard, and its in the high 30's low 40's F and moist and on performance all seasons. This is just an observation and a guess but I wondered reading the bulk of this thread, it seems some still have wheel-spin and some this tune helps or eliminates. I also was reading up about troubleshooting the Haldex and some of the common issues, and I was wondering perhaps the folks that aren't seeing an improvement have a fault in the Haldex or the filter screen is plugged or something.

For $600, at this time it doesn't seem worth much to me, I have yet to really push the R since its winter, or maybe I am too used to my GTI. Maybe my feelings will change once I get the EQT stage 1 tune.

The UM Haldex tune will do nothing for your MPG. The Wiring Logic mod will however drop you down 1-2 MPG though so check to see if you have that enabled. Most don't need it.
It really is a setting to be used on loose ground like snow, dirt and sand.

As for wheel spin, you should have none. The UM tune helps balance out the car around turns once you get to stage 2 and above but you really have to be on it.
Up to you if it makes sense to spend $600 on it. Personally I think it should cost no more than $300 and most people don't need it.

Delasangre4231

Passed Driver's Ed
The UM Haldex tune will do nothing for your MPG. The Wiring Logic mod will however drop you down 1-2 MPG though so check to see if you have that enabled. Most don't need it.
It really is a setting to be used on loose ground like snow, dirt and sand.

As for wheel spin, you should have none. The UM tune helps balance out the car around turns once you get to stage 2 and above but you really have to be on it.
Up to you if it makes sense to spend $600 on it. Personally I think it should cost no more than $300 and most people don't need it.
I've never heard of the wiring logic mod. I'll have to look it up. As for wheel spin I don't have any but I read all 13 pages of this post and alot of people bought the haldex because they had wheel spin and still had wheel spin after the tune. I believe they had problems with their haldex not the tune was faulty

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo

scrllock

Autocross Champion
The value of the tune increases the more power you're at over stock. Stock power, your haldex is already capable of sending 50% of torque to the rear. As you add power, the stock haldex tune keeps sending the stock values and so you get more and more front bias. Stage 1 tunes aren't a huge difference in power, and with the right tires, you might not see any spin on a stage 2 tune either. If you're running a hybrid or larger turbo, that's where this is worthwhile IMO.

Personally I'm a fan, made a more appreciable difference than just moving to e85 on my vortex, particularly coming out of curves and launching. If you're just roll racing, the benefits are questionable.

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
Any more people get this or any test results? Have a no prep the 20th and want the Iroz/Syvecs controller, but it’s like 2 weeks back ordered. Can get this flashed for $700 something tomorrow.