GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Uneven idle after carbon clean/new manifold?

drval85

Go Kart Newbie
Replaced manifold due to 2015 code. Cleaned the valves as well. New injector seals. Triple checked my connections. Car pulls/drives without issue. When I shift to neutral and coast/idle, the revs hang, then drop to 800. It bounces between 800 and 1200 for a few minutes, before finally dropping to 600 and idling smoothly. (600 was idle speed before swap). Got a 0171 code and a 0507, but they didn’t come back after clearing. 90% sure it’s an air leak, but I don’t see anything obvious. Has a catch can installed, so no pcv. Diverter valve is rev D, didn’t see any issue with it either. K04 with a Unitronic DV relocation, all hoses clamped tight. Intake and turbo coupler also look secure. I definitely reconnected all vacuum lines I disconnected for manifold replacement. Anywhere else I should look before going for a smoke test?

Attachments

• FEDE5239-B89F-4E33-9A3C-7879B10068C4.jpeg
    FEDE5239-B89F-4E33-9A3C-7879B10068C4.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 175

Cclark6146

Go Kart Newbie
mine does this too with the idle hanging and fluctuating. its annoying when Im trying to shift and it makes me look like I dont know how to drive a manual. lol. smoke test turned out fine but I didnt do any carbon cleaning or intake manifold work to it. code 0101, 2177 and 2279 keep coming back

Cclark6146

Go Kart Newbie
yes its probly due. I've never had it done and I doubt the previous owner did any kind of maintenance. it has 85k

drval85

Go Kart Newbie
There’s an awesome YouTube video if your going to DIY. Search for “tsi valve cleaning”. Perfect camera angles, and the guy walks you through everything.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion

This is on MQB but it is the same procedure.