GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Underside of Vehicle Question

JJ_MK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI Autobahn
0_IMG-20201120-WA0002.jpg

Does anyone know what are these overhang black lines you see here. Is it normal for them to hang lower than the vehicule itself.

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 R
parking brake cable...most normies who drive automatics don't use it anyway. They are mostly for there emergencies...like the internet being down and zombies. First new car? or first VW?

JJ_MK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI Autobahn
First VW GTI, I was just surprise at how low it sits compare to the under body of the car. I have a BMW M3 with the same typical hand parking brake, being underneath many times and never seen anything like that, perhaps unique to VW??

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
First VW GTI, I was just surprise at how low it sits compare to the under body of the car. I have a BMW M3 with the same typical hand parking brake, being underneath many times and never seen anything like that, perhaps unique to VW??

I've had other cars that the cable hung that low and I agree it's a little concerning that it looks so vulnerable. Must not be though or VW and the other companies would do something about it.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Having owned VAG cars for the past 26yrs...thats normal.....except on my current 6yr old MK7 which has an electronic handbrake so no manual cable like that...!!!..

JJ_MK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI Autobahn
It was surprising to see a cable that low after I had ordered all the gear to lower my MK7.5. These cables would be even closer to the ground.