GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

UM haldex tune - how to verify?

RudyH

Go Kart Champion
So I had my car into the shop for a new condenser installed by VW. When the car came back it seemed odd, something changed besides the AC condenser.

One thing that was pretty obvious was the power seemed lacking - like there was power but not Stage 2 power levels. I flashed the car and suddenly the car woke up again.
I only went for a 15-20 min drive after, but I wasn't able to completely open things up. It *seems* that the rear end is there, but I feel like it's not as lively as it normally was. I wonder if after installing the AC condenser, a reset or flash by the dealership was done?

Is there an easy, besides going to a UM dealer, to verify everything is active and working? Anything through OBDEleven?
It definitely doesn't feel like there is no rear end, but I feel like there was more before

yakev724

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 S3
I think if I access the respective modules in VCDS (not sure about ODBEleven) the UM file name shows up as one of the first lines in the scan.

RudyH

Go Kart Champion
Module 22, All wheel drive, Info, Software version. If it has UM software it should show UM03.
first thing I check when I go to my car at lunch - was a busy day yesterday to check forums on this

** checked at lunch and indeed it was there, I think after reflashing to Stage II, needed to let things kick in, power is there and definitely feels like how it use to now. I think there is some adjustment period for things to settle in

Last edited:

Mosquito

Go Kart Newbie
first thing I check when I go to my car at lunch - was a busy day yesterday to check forums on this

** checked at lunch and indeed it was there, I think after reflashing to Stage II, needed to let things kick in, power is there and definitely feels like how it use to now. I think there is some adjustment period for things to settle in
I do a pump prime every now and then to make sure it is still alive and doesn't get lazy.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Is this haldex tune worth the money? I can't really find a bunch of info on the pros/cons. Wondering for autocross reasons....

RudyH

Go Kart Champion
Is this haldex tune worth the money? I can't really find a bunch of info on the pros/cons. Wondering for autocross reasons....
definitely if you are tuned, it feels less like a GTI and more as you would expect froma R. I found it compliments a Wavetrac LSD beautifully.

Honestly between the two items (among other mods), makes this car very hard to replace without spending double the money at this point

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Last edited:
Reactions: krs

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
My closest dealer is 3 hours away 😮

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Is it worth it even if you're just stage 1 and don't often push the car that hard? I'll probably never take it to a track. I might rip it around the occasional corner, but I do a fair amount of 0-60 pulls.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Is it worth it even if you're just stage 1 and don't often push the car that hard? I'll probably never take it to a track. I might rip it around the occasional corner, but I do a fair amount of 0-60 pulls.
No it's not.

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
The more power you make over Stock the more you’ll notice it. Stock Haldex can only send 50% of stock power to the rear. Once you mod all that power goes to the front only.