GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ukraine: WAR Huh - What Is It Good For Absorootly Nothing

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
They are offering up the medical records to provide Russian Intelligence with a means to leverage information out of those people or their loved ones.
And also US doctrine on field hospital placement, staffing, evac procedures.

I think we've seen that Russia has no qualms about bombing hospitals.

cb1111

1664590439144.png

Vladimir Putin Has Officially Just Breached International Law (msn.com)

Russia partially closes its Embassy in Montenegro due to espionage scandal (msn.com)

China Wants New Partners For Its Moon Missions As Its Relationship With Russia Cools (msn.com)

Kremlin preparing for a protracted conflict by putting Russian economy onto a war footing (msn.com)

US Sanctions Russia's Top Central Banker | Watch (msn.com)

US is overreaching in Ukraine (msn.com)

Putin's calling the 'unprecedented sabotage' of the Nord Stream pipeline an 'act of international terrorism' (msn.com)

Russia accuses Guterres of «double standards» for not supporting annexation of Ukrainian regions (msn.com)

Nuclear weapons expert says we should be 'extraordinarily concerned' about Putin nuking Ukraine (msn.com)

Russian executive's body found on his balcony in latest 'suspicious' death (msn.com)

EU countries provisionally agree new Russia sanctions - sources (msn.com)

Putin takes mass bath in Moscow to celebrate annexation of occupied eastern Ukrainian provinces (msn.com)

Erdogan calls on Putin to give ‘second chance’ to Ukraine peace talks (msn.com)

UN says expelling Russia from Security Council «not the right step» and calls for «diplomacy» (msn.com)

UNSC to vote on draft slamming pro-Russia referendums in Ukraine - report (msn.com)

War in Ukraine: Russian military gear stores see a boom of customers | Watch (msn.com)

Ukraine's Zelesnkiy meets military chiefs to discuss 'liberation' plans (msn.com)

Russian conscripts beat up their officer after he tells them 'you are all cannon fodder' (msn.com)

New Russian recruits are being told to use sanitary products as first aid supplies, UK MOD says (msn.com)

Putin tells residents of annexed Ukraine regions 'welcome home!' (msn.com)

Analysis: Russia's war in Ukraine reaches a critical moment (msn.com)

Ukraine Submits Application to Join NATO (msn.com)

Biden says US will not be intimidated by Putin’s ‘reckless words and threats’: ‘He’s not going to scare us’ (msn.com)

We Must Reject Russia’s Nuclear Blackmail (msn.com)

Putin proclaims he's annexing four regions of Ukraine; U.S. slaps new sanctions on Russia: Live updates (msn.com)

Russia on Verge of Lyman Collapse as Ukraine Surrounds Unit From All Sides (msn.com)

Biden warns Putin that U.S. will defend 'every single inch' of NATO territory as Russia formally annexes Ukraine regions (msn.com)

Why Putin and Zelensky are escalating their conflict (msn.com)

NATO Backs Ukraine Taking Territory Back From Russia Despite Nuclear Risk (msn.com)

Russian Consulate in New York vandalized with red paint in possible bias incident, police say (msn.com)

Civilians lie slain as Russian troops flee Ukraine push (msn.com)

US Pentagon planning Ukraine command in Germany: Report (msn.com)

West ‘Doomed’: Putin Declares ‘Anti-Colonial’ War After Annexing Ukraine Oblasts (msn.com)

Europe steps up energy security amid sabotage allegations (msn.com)

NATO chief open to Ukraine application to join alliance (msn.com)

Façade of public unity conceals underlying tensions within NATO (msn.com)

Belarus denies it is mobilizing military following Russian mobilization (msn.com)

What media didn't tell you about the UN: 66 nations called for an end to Ukraine war (msn.com)

cb1111

1664667824922.png

Hundreds of pounds of TNT were used to damage the Nord Stream pipelines, Sweden and Denmark tell the UN (msn.com)

On GPS: Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin on Russia's potential use of nuclear weapons | Watch (msn.com)

How Russians living in Ukraine are being turned into illegal immigrants (msn.com)

Denmark reports that Nord Stream 2 pipeline no longer leaks gas (msn.com)

Putin's menacing MSTA-S, backbone of Russia's artillery war | Automated laying & fire control system | Watch (msn.com)

Latvia goes to polls amid growing rift between Latvian majority and Russian minority (msn.com)

What Really Happens When A Country Annexes Another? (msn.com)

Putin calls an additional 120,00 citizens up for military service (msn.com)

Turkey rejects Russia’s annexation of Ukrainian territories as a «violation of international law» (msn.com)

Russian draft dodgers: which countries will take them in? (msn.com) how about Canada????

Fewer Russians cross border to flee despite military call-up (msn.com)

Russia-Ukraine conflict: Fear of nuclear weapons rise as Zelenskyy pushes to fast-track NATO membership application | Watch (msn.com)

Why charisma is a more important weapon on the battlefield than the size of an army (msn.com) – actually, it is motivation and leadership

Ukraine Encircles '5,000 Russian Troops' in Lyman as Putin Faces New Defeat (msn.com)

Ukraine 'seems to have taken Lyman' | Watch (msn.com)

Russia’s Fast Retreat: A Day After Putin Announces Annexation, Troops Forced Out Of Lyman (msn.com)

Putin ally calls for Ukraine to be nuked after Russian retreat from key city (msn.com)

Russia's Iran-Made Drones 'Failing' and Not Meeting Expectations: Pentagon (msn.com)

Meet the mayor who liberated his mother – and his village – from Russian occupation (msn.com)

Putin delivered his 'most unhinged speech yet' -- but he's 'likely more terrified than anyone': foreign policy expert (msn.com)

Khrushchev's great-granddaughter discusses Putin's 'incredibly insane' speech | Watch (msn.com)

Borrell calls for a «coordinated rearmament» of the EU and to integrate war into its «existential horizon». (msn.com)

Turkey’s state banks withdraw from Russian payment system (msn.com)

Germany says it will supply Ukraine with air defence system in days (msn.com) anybody taking bets

Russian Soldiers Call Putin 'A Fool' On Intercepted Calls: 'The Stupidest Decision Our Government Ever Made' (msn.com) Most everyone would agree

Russia’s war in Ukraine enters its third phase - analysis (msn.com)

Car bomb rocks Melitopol in Ukraine, Russia's installed official targeted | Watch (msn.com)

Russian soldiers accused of kidnapping the director general of the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant (msn.com)

US SecDef Austin Says He Doesn't Think Putin Will Use Nuclear Weapons (businessinsider.com)

IAEA says its chief is expected to visit Moscow and Kyiv next week (msn.com)

Russia's Bureaucratic Incompetence Risks Undermining Putin's Annexation—ISW (msn.com)

China distances itself from Russia and calls for peace in Ukraine (msn.com)

Putin in the Bunker (msn.com)

What nuclear weapons does Russia have in its arsenal? - explainer (msn.com)

Russian gas supplies to Italy halted due to possible flow problem through Austria (msn.com)

Russia’s long-range missile stock ‘likely limited’ amid ‘overall munitions shortages’ (msn.com)

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
and how to use tampons for bullet wounds.

Watched a translated video of a female Chechnya vet telling the newbies to have their girlfriends send them pads and tampons.

OB is the best, no pesky applicator to muck about with.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
Idk how to multi-quote, but I agree 100% about good leadership being more important than many aspects of an opposition force, including size. Leadership was damn near everything to me for a few years and kind of a curse of a filter when looking to the current so-called “leaders“ of our country, especially in the political sense. I heard something awhile ago about how Zelenskyy was forced into having to be a leader and he well he has done, in part, because he was an actor. I am curious about his advisors as he seems to have surrounded himself with a good council.

Watched a translated video of a female Chechnya vet telling the newbies to have their girlfriends send them pads and tampons.

OB is the best, no pesky applicator to muck about with.
I remember hearing about this in the Corps but we each had quick-clot in our kits by the time we might need it. Now I carry the quick-clot pads just for fun. That and a Sam Splint and a few other things help with peace of mind and hopefully never needed.

Last edited:

cb1111

Idk how to multi-quote, but I agree 100% about good leadership being more important than many aspects of an opposition force, including size. Leadership was damn near everything to me for a few years and kind of a curse of a filter when looking to the current so-called “leaders“ of our country, especially in the political sense. I heard something awhile ago about how Zelenskyy was forced into having to be a leader and he well he has done, in part, because he was an actor. I am curious about his advisors as he seems to have surrounded himself with a good council.

I remember hearing about this in the Corps but we each had quick-clot in our kits by the time we might need it. Now I carry the quick-clot pads just for fun. That and a Sam Splint and a few other things help with peace of mind and hopefully never needed.
Just click the +Quote button (bottom right next to the reply button) for each post that you'd like to quote. When you start your post, there is a button on the bottom that says, "insert quotes" and BAM, there they are.

From three years ago

and the Selenskyy movie is on Netflix - worth a watch

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car

I got my start in anti-armor and scouting in the 90s. The same equipment and tactics I trained on then are still being used today. Along with what I thought was propaganda because, how? The Russians are still on that Soviet plan: top down structure with no NCOs like we know, and leadership based on nepotism vs close competency. No education or tactics trained to the lowest level, shit they don’t teach their Joe’s how to use a map or radio. Meanwhile as an E4 I was running a section and planning my own 72hr ops in Baghdad (leading to my E5). Leadership is a massive role in a unit’s will to fight. To this day that cliché stuff comes out. “Purpose, direction, and motivation” and that while of the damn NCO creed bangs around in my head. On the other hand in 2014 when the Ukrainian Army got their dicks drug in the mud, they completely revamped their structure and doctrine to be an amalgamation of Soviet and NATO ideas, leaning more towards the latter, and it’s working.

Quick-clot wasn’t all that available during my time downrange. Came up in the late 90s with tampons in my aid bag. We started to get it towards the end of my tour and it worked, but still had the OBs as emergency backups. These days I have a well stocked aid bag that goes on the trail/road-trips with us. It mostly is for scrapes and such on kids mc but has done wonders for at least two badly injured UTVers till the helicopters arrived.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
I got my start in anti-armor and scouting in the 90s. The same equipment and tactics I trained on then are still being used today. Along with what I thought was propaganda because, how? The Russians are still on that Soviet plan: top down structure with no NCOs like we know, and leadership based on nepotism vs close competency. No education or tactics trained to the lowest level, shit they don’t teach their Joe’s how to use a map or radio. Meanwhile as an E4 I was running a section and planning my own 72hr ops in Baghdad (leading to my E5). Leadership is a massive role in a unit’s will to fight. To this day that cliché stuff comes out. “Purpose, direction, and motivation” and that while of the damn NCO creed bangs around in my head. On the other hand in 2014 when the Ukrainian Army got their dicks drug in the mud, they completely revamped their structure and doctrine to be an amalgamation of Soviet and NATO ideas, leaning more towards the latter, and it’s working.

Quick-clot wasn’t all that available during my time downrange. Came up in the late 90s with tampons in my aid bag. We started to get it towards the end of my tour and it worked, but still had the OBs as emergency backups. These days I have a well stocked aid bag that goes on the trail/road-trips with us. It mostly is for scrapes and such on kids mc but has done wonders for at least two badly injured UTVers till the helicopters arrived.
Small unit leadership/ lowest level leadership is my favorite attribute that is (hopefully still) being taught In some of our military. How many times have we all heard, “…yeah I was the SNOIC as an E4/ E5”. My shop was heavily staffed so I didn’t benefit much from having to be a strong leader there, necessarily. I was fortunate to almost always have good leadership and thankfully was put into some leadership roles in certain times/ places. Never had the stress of Section Cheif or SNCOIC, so I guess I had it easy. I think that would have benefitted me after the fact but whatever, that’s how life goes. I volunteered for everything I could so no regrets there. Anyway, I miss good leadership but have lowered my expectations to adjust to corporate management. I’m glad to see that Zelenskiy seems to have good leadership around him and seems to be a good leader himself. Comedians seem to have interesting perspective and a way of communicating/ articulating that which most of us have a difficult time with.

Would be interested to know what others carry in their first-aid-kits. I was thinking about my backcountry touring pack and I think the biggest difference makers, for me, could be the SPOT satellite messenger and my fishing license with the SAR option (“free” rescue). Beacon, shovel, probe, 550 cord, duct tape, ski strap, multi-tool, mirror, candle, fire starter, radio, headlamp, gauze and compression wrap, tourniquet, sam splint, quick-clot, food, water, sometimes a lifestraw. Let me know if any of you have any suggestions from anyone that has medical training/ experience. Sorry to hijack the thread, but I do enjoy context, perspective, and discussion.

cb1111

Small unit leadership/ lowest level leadership is my favorite attribute that is (hopefully still) being taught In some of our military. How many times have we all heard, “…yeah I was the SNOIC as an E4/ E5”. My shop was heavily staffed so I didn’t benefit much from having to be a strong leader there, necessarily. I was fortunate to almost always have good leadership and thankfully was put into some leadership roles in certain times/ places. Never had the stress of Section Cheif or SNCOIC, so I guess I had it easy. I think that would have benefitted me after the fact but whatever, that’s how life goes. I volunteered for everything I could so no regrets there. Anyway, I miss good leadership but have lowered my expectations to adjust to corporate management. I’m glad to see that Zelenskiy seems to have good leadership around him and seems to be a good leader himself. Comedians seem to have interesting perspective and a way of communicating/ articulating that which most of us have a difficult time with.

Would be interested to know what others carry in their first-aid-kits. I was thinking about my backcountry touring pack and I think the biggest difference makers, for me, could be the SPOT satellite messenger and my fishing license with the SAR option (“free” rescue). Beacon, shovel, probe, 550 cord, duct tape, ski strap, multi-tool, mirror, candle, fire starter, radio, headlamp, gauze and compression wrap, tourniquet, sam splint, quick-clot, food, water, sometimes a lifestraw. Let me know if any of you have any suggestions from anyone that has medical training/ experience. Sorry to hijack the thread, but I do enjoy context, perspective, and discussion.
You carry in your first aid the stuff that you know how to use - so for most, Neopsorin and bandaids - you don't want to sit there and read directions while your SO's is spouting blood. As you take more classes, then you can add to that kit.

Others will disagree, but the best first aid kit is firat aid training and refreshers - the "real" kit comes later.

The problem with the russian army is their leadership structure (or lack thereof). Because of that leadership vacuum, the troops feel it is OK to rape and pillage.

While you'll have individual issues in western armies, you won't get such blanket violence as you see from the Russians - and the Soviets before them.

Last edited:

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
You carry in your first aid the stuff that you know how to use - so for most, Neopsorin and bandaids - you don't want to sit there and read directions while your SO's is spouting blood. As you take more classes, then you can add to that kit.

Others will disagree, but the best first aid kit is firat aid training and refreshers - the "real" kit comes later.

The problem with the russian army is their leadership structure (or lack thereof). Because of that leadership vacuum, the troops feel it is OK to rape and pillage.

While you'll have individual issues in western armies, you won't get such blanket violence as you see from the Russians - and the Soviets before them.
i keep an isreali compression bandage in my cars and hiking pack. never know when it'll come in handy, have had numerous first aid trainings over the years and know that most wounds fare well with compression when triaging things.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco

Yep that makes sense. I’ve been trained in all of whatever I have except the new style tourniquet. Cool design but I’ll hope I never need to use it. My SO doesn’t go out to the big mountains with me so little chance of that, lol. I hear you though, and yeah it’s good to use and train and prepare for what hopefully never takes place. I live risk mitigation in a lot of ways. Anyway, sorry again to take away from the thread. Back on track…

It’s really maddening to see/ hear the reports of the violations of the code of conduct in (this) war. It’s difficult for me to digest and does speak to the lack of moral leadership, not to even mention the legal aspect of leadership failIng, or more likely encouraging/ ordering actual war crimes.

cb1111

1664745147068.png

Mid afternoon spam

9 NATO members urge support for Ukraine after annexation (msn.com)

Russian-State TV Stunned by Lyman Retreat, Say Kyiv May Bomb Moscow (msn.com)

Russia Ukraine News | Ukraine Takes Its Next Step Towards Liberation | Russian Troops | English News | Watch (msn.com)

180 Russians who intended to flee to Georgia are recalled (msn.com)

'Chaotic' Russian military incapable of operating on a nuclear battlefield in its current state, says war think tank (msn.com) This might make them more dangerous

Germany builds new gas terminals to succeed Russian pipelines (msn.com)

Russian Forces pullback from Lyman, 7 reasons why the loss puts Putin in an awkward spot | Explained | Watch (msn.com)

'The enemy is near, but we are standing firm' (msn.com)

Russia claims to have foiled a Ukrainian offensive on three fronts in the south of the country (msn.com)

NATO warns of mobilization of Russian submarine ‘Belgorod’, carrier of the Weapon of Apocalypse (msn.com)

Is this the end for Vladimir Putin? (msn.com)

Putin allies bashed Russia's retreat from a city in Ukraine, calling military leaders 'garbage' and saying they should be sent 'barefoot with machine guns straight to the front' (msn.com)

Op-Ed: How Russian battlefield defeats in Ukraine could lead to terrorism in the West (msn.com)

Petraeus, McMaster say Russian army in Ukraine may collapse | Watch (msn.com)

Italian government summons Russian ambassador to Rome (msn.com)

Petraeus predicts US would lead NATO response to ‘take out’ Russian forces if Putin uses nuclear weapon (msn.com)

Column: Putin's threat of a nuclear strike on Ukraine may not be a bluff. What do we do now? (msn.com)

Pope warns of nuclear war risk; appeals to Putin on Ukraine (msn.com)

It’s not impossible that Putin could use nuclear weapons, Austin says (msn.com)

Trucks with EU license plates will not be allowed to enter Russia for the rest of the year. (msn.com) Aww, that’s too bad

Vladimir Putin using nuclear weapons would be 'suicide': ex-national security advisor HR McMaster (msn.com)

cb1111

… It’s really maddening to see/ hear the reports of the violations of the code of conduct in (this) war. It’s difficult for me to digest and does speak to the lack of moral leadership, not to even mention the legal aspect of leadership failIng, or more likely encouraging/ ordering actual war crimes.
yes it is, but it has been the Soviet modus operandi since the beginning. What the Soviets did in Europe is very similar to what they are doing now and now, like then, it comes down to lack of training and leadership.

The average Russian, with proper leadership, might not be that awful

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
yes it is, but it has been the Soviet modus operandi since the beginning. What the Soviets did in Europe is very similar to what they are doing now and now, like then, it comes down to lack of training and leadership.

The average Russian, with proper leadership, might not be that awful

Yeah I was thinking about what they did to the German civilians at the end of ww2. Some things never change. Fucking war.