Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
My 2yo loved them too.

1664400499531.jpeg

cb1111

1664413541997.png

So fitting - Ukrainian colors AND a VW. Shorter tonight, I'm tired.

Russia's Mobilization and Plunging Oil Prices Weaken Putin's Economic Hand (msn.com)

Ex-CIA director shares the most likely suspect for Nord Stream leaks | Watch (msn.com)

'If we don't go, we go to jail' | Watch (msn.com)

Wheat’s Charts Suggest A Rally As Putin Sends Russian Farmers To War (msn.com) again, poor proofing on the headline – wheat prices going up as Putput sends farmers to war would have made more sense

Turkey bows to US pressure, cuts Russian bank ties (msn.com)

U.S. Embassy in Russia asks its citizens to leave the country «immediately». (msn.com)

Putin's Russia Strikes Big International Trade Deal With Taliban For Fuel, Wheat: Here's The Fine Print (msn.com)

Russia’s invasion has been very profitable for the IMF, which is gouging Ukraine and other countries in crisis (msn.com)

Russia is putting an enlistment office at its border as people continue to flee amid fears Putin will try to seal up country (msn.com)

'If I have to, I'll go to jail': The Russians who refuse to fight in Putin's war (msn.com)

German lawmakers break Europe's silence on suspected Nord Stream pipeline saboteur to point the finger at Russia (msn.com)

'The entire World is at stake': Trump pitches himself to head up negotiations between Ukraine and Russia (msn.com)

Ukrainians 'outraged' over referendum as Russia gets ready to annex regions; Americans warned to leave Russia: Live updates (msn.com)

Erdogan condemns Russian-orchestrated referendums in Ukraine in conversation with Zelenski (msn.com)

Americans should flee Russia immediately, could be conscripted, US Embassy urges (msn.com)

Russia's 'Act Of Sabotage' To Nord Stream 1 And 2 Means War Front May Be Shifting West (msn.com)

Explosions at Nord Stream gas pipelines signal escalation to 'hybrid war' as Russia weaponizes energy, analyst says (msn.com)

Russia restricts access to Georgia border amid military call-up (msn.com)

Putin has succeeded in mobilising a Russian army on the borders... not to fight, but flee (msn.com)

The President of Slovakia signs the ratification protocol for the accession of Sweden and Finland to NATO. (msn.com) a really bad picture or is he wearing a dunce cap?

Ukrainians told to 'be ready to fight for Russia' (msn.com) I suspect that the most common answer is “yeb vas”

What are tactical nuclear weapons? An international security expert explains and assesses what they mean for the war in Ukraine (msn.com)

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
I remember hearing about how we were trying to get the Ukrainians A10s, but they didn’t want them. I hadn’t understood why but looked back into it. Makes sense but I do think they should have taken them. Perhaps I’d think differently if I were a Ukrainian pilot.

https://www.avweb.com/aviation-news/air-force-may-give-a-10s-to-ukraine/

Ukraine already has SU-25 “Frogfoot” which is on par with the A-10 in terms of mission and effectiveness’ish. I won’t argue the A-10 vs SU-25 debate… they are both robust and heavily armed/armored CAS aircraft. Giving the Ukrainians the A-10 would be duplicating mission/role and adding significant logistical and training burdens they just can’t manage now.

Ther request for F-16s is/was a bit more logical. A very good multi role fighter wound bode well against the single role Russian fighter and bomber fleet and be better suited for the theater than their own fleet. You will still have the logistical burdens, but it’s more worth it for a different type of aircraft mission.

Was very strange seeing a HARM fire off a SU-27 rail. 😳

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
Ukraine already has SU-25 “Frogfoot” which is on par with the A-10 in terms of mission and effectiveness’ish. I won’t argue the A-10 vs SU-25 debate… they are both robust and heavily armed/armored CAS aircraft. Giving the Ukrainians the A-10 would be duplicating mission/role and adding significant logistical and training burdens they just can’t manage now.

Ther request for F-16s is/was a bit more logical. A very good multi role fighter wound bode well against the single role Russian fighter and bomber fleet and be better suited for the theater than their own fleet. You will still have the logistical burdens, but it’s more worth it for a different type of aircraft mission.

Was very strange seeing a HARM fire off a SU-27 rail. 😳
Ah, that makes sense. I wasn’t aware of the SU-25 but I’m fairly ignorant of most things so that’s not a surprise. I appreciate the info. F-16 makes sense.

cb1111

What are these guys thinking? Total crazyness.

Johns Hopkins doctor and Army doctor spouse charged with conspiring to give U.S. soldiers' medical info to Russia (msn.com)

No spam today. I'm tired, but a couple of links

Russia Beat and Denied Food to Prisoners of War, Ukraine Says (msn.com)

Putin's men win dramatic tank battle at close range | Only 40% Donetsk under Ukrainian control | Watch (msn.com)

Ukraine warns of harsh response to Russian recognition of 'worthless' votes (msn.com)

'Better than killing people': Russians flee into Mongolia (msn.com)

Ukrainian military intelligence claims the risk of Russia using nuclear weapons is now 'very high,' report says (msn.com)

Russia Says Goodbye To Airbus And Boeing And Goes It Alone (msn.com)

Ukraine confirms new prisoner swap with Russia

Ukrainian Air-Defenses Mauled A Russian Fighter Regiment, Shooting Down A Quarter Of Its Crews (msn.com)

Russia opens more border draft offices amid call-up exodus (msn.com)

More than half of Russians feel anxious or angry about mobilisation, poll indicates (msn.com)

No, this photo doesn't show the destruction of a Ukrainian military base in Odessa | Watch (msn.com)

'The worst is yet to come': Russians rush to the borders amid draft fears (msn.com)

What Would Happen If Putin Ordered A Nuclear Strike In Ukraine? (msn.com)

A Russian oligarch's girlfriend was charged with lying to the feds while trying to enter the US to give birth to their baby (msn.com)

Russian-Installed Official's Car Blown up in Ukraine Attack (msn.com)

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI

Johns Hopkins doctor and Army doctor spouse charged with conspiring to give U.S. soldiers' medical info to Russia (msn.com)

Putin's men win dramatic tank battle at close range | Only 40% Donetsk under Ukrainian control | Watch (msn.com)

Ukraine warns of harsh response to Russian recognition of 'worthless' votes (msn.com)

Ukrainian military intelligence claims the risk of Russia using nuclear weapons is now 'very high,' report says (msn.com)

Ukrainian Air-Defenses Mauled A Russian Fighter Regiment, Shooting Down A Quarter Of Its Crews (msn.com)

More than half of Russians feel anxious or angry about mobilisation, poll indicates (msn.com)

No, this photo doesn't show the destruction of a Ukrainian military base in Odessa | Watch (msn.com)

'The worst is yet to come': Russians rush to the borders amid draft fears (msn.com)

A Russian oligarch's girlfriend was charged with lying to the feds while trying to enter the US to give birth to their baby (msn.com)

PAY-Mark-i-love-spam-Benson.jpg

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI

Now obviously any information being given to an unfriendly power that were currently in a proxy war with is a big no no, but can someone explain to me, what use is the medical information of some american soldiers to the Russians?

What does private x's high blood pressure have to do with the war Russia is losing in Ukraine? Why do they even want that information?

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Now obviously any information being given to an unfriendly power that were currently in a proxy war with is a big no no, but can someone explain to me, what use is the medical information of some american soldiers to the Russians?

What does private x's high blood pressure have to do with the war Russia is losing in Ukraine? Why do they even want that information?

They are offering up the medical records to provide Russian Intelligence with a means to leverage information out of those people or their loved ones.

Last edited: