GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ukraine: WAR Huh - What Is It Good For Absorootly Nothing

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
So they definitely got help from a third party and are using "temperature inversion" to explain away how they definitely DIDN'T get help. ;);)

I know I've brought this up before but.......why? Why trade for her at all, especially trade a arms dealer for a WNBA player who brought drugs into a country where those drugs are illegal. I understand to some degree the idea that it is a government's job to protect its citizens at home and abroad but this trade just doesn't make any sense. Unless you consider that an arms dealer has plenty of cash and plenty of palms were likely greased to make this happen on both ends of the table. Too bad for Whelan he doesn't have a great layup or black market money.

cb1111

So they definitely got help from a third party and are using "temperature inversion" to explain away how they definitely DIDN'T get help. ;);)

I know I've brought this up before but.......why? Why trade for her at all, especially trade a arms dealer for a WNBA player who brought drugs into a country where those drugs are illegal. I understand to some degree the idea that it is a government's job to protect its citizens at home and abroad but this trade just doesn't make any sense. Unless you consider that an arms dealer has plenty of cash and plenty of palms were likely greased to make this happen on both ends of the table. Too bad for Whelan he doesn't have a great layup or black market money.
Why? Look at the makeup and "woke" goals of the current administration. Combine that with the media attention and Putin created the perfect storm for him to get Bout back.

Many years ago, I worked as liaison to a team that planned prisoner swaps and this wasn't the way to do it.

cb1111

1671069911161.png

Ukraine-Russia news – live: Putin’s forces strike Kyiv with Iranian drones (msn.com)

Elite Putin Officer Who Fled Russia to Avoid Ukraine War Faces Extradition (msn.com)

Russian defector says training consisted of being given a weapon, a target and 5,000 bullets. Going to the front line left many broken. (msn.com)

American freed from Russian-controlled territory by Ukrainian intelligence (msn.com)

Russia Complains ‘We Can’t Buy What We Need’ As Sanctions Bit | Watch (msn.com)

Antsy Putin Drags His Feet Over Yet Another Major Appearance (msn.com)

‘We Couldn’t Do It’: US Plan To Track Weapons To Kyiv Depends On Ukrainian Troops (msn.com)

Russian Soldiers Run Away From Battle as Putin Military Struggles: Ukraine (msn.com)

Russian businessman Vladimir Potanin faces U.S. sanctions - WSJ (msn.com)

Putin Is in Trouble: What If Russia Runs Out of Ammunition in Ukraine? (msn.com)

Could deal for Griner help Putin overcome ammo shortage? Expert weighs in (msn.com)

US advocates leaving hypothetical negotiations with Russia in Ukraine’s hands (msn.com)

How Patriot Missile Defense System Could Change Ukraine War (msn.com)

Frozen Ground and Nowhere To Hide. Why Russia Faces Brutal Winter War (msn.com)

'Butchers of Bucha' Russians were 'maniacs' with orders to shoot anyone with a phone, says deserter (msn.com)

Allies Want To Give Ukraine 'Decisive Edge' In War With Russia, Western Officials Say (msn.com)

Putin may be about to force Belarus into war after mystery markings appear (msn.com)

Ukraine war - live: Putin’s spokesman says Russia not planning ‘Christmas ceasefire’ (msn.com)

Wagner Group Breach Ukrainian Lines To Take Control of Eastern Bakhmut—ISW (msn.com)

Was American teacher left behind in Russian prison camp because he wasn't woke enough for Team Biden? (msn.com)

Alleged intercepted call reveals reality for some Russian soldiers on front lines | Watch (msn.com)

Will All Hell Break Loose in Ukraine When the Ground Freezes? (msn.com)

Russian TV sees war with NATO as inevitable: „Poland is preparing“ (msn.com)

In a small Russian town, a pensioner's street art denounces Ukraine conflict (msn.com)

British Ministry of Defence: Major disputes in the Russian military (msn.com)

Russian security teams are scrambling to hunt down Ukrainian spies as locals in captured towns direct fire and gather critical intel (msn.com)

Analysts say Turkmenistan told US diplomats ‘it’s not interested’ in Caspian gas-to-Europe connector project, wants major pipeline (msn.com)

'Factional Tensions' Hit Russia's Military Chiefs Over Ukraine War, Says UK Intelligence (msn.com)

Latvian President: Tribunal Needs to Deal With Russia's War | Watch (msn.com)

Patriot Missile-Defense Systems Would Be Legitimate Target, Kremlin Says (msn.com) Of course they are – any weapons system is

Meet France’s Leclerc: The Tank Putin Won’t Want to Fight (msn.com)

Anticipating A Ukrainian Offensive, The Russian Army Is Digging In And Laying Mines (msn.com)

Russia’s Ka-52 Helicopters: Putin’s Flying ‘Paper Tiger’ in Ukraine? (msn.com)

Russia is losing in Ukraine and 'will continue to fail in all its war aims,' the UK's armed forces chief says (msn.com)

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car

Why are people upset that Griner getting selected over Whelan for the exchange?

On edit. Looks like they were trying to get both, Russia said no for Whelan… but my previous question still stands. Why is everyone upset.

Last edited:

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
Why are people upset that Griner getting selected over Whelan for the exchange?

On edit. Looks like they were trying to get both, Russia said no for Whelan… but my previous question still stands. Why is everyone upset.
As I understand it they wanted somebody else released for the guy

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
Why is everyone upset.
They're upset because we were able to get a pot smoking athlete out of trouble and there are American citizen with military ties (less than honorable discharge btw) who's being charged with espionage is still in prison. It's the optics of priorities, with a dash of a variant of "missing white woman"

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
They're upset because we were able to get a pot smoking athlete out of trouble and there are American citizen with military ties (less than honorable discharge btw) who's being charged with espionage is still in prison. It's the optics of priorities, with a dash of a variant of "missing white woman"

Ex-marine, bad conduct discharge, he gets negative points.

cb1111

There's a lot more that goes into the equation that people are overlooking. With this deal, Putin got exactly what he wanted - he showed how "woke" the west is (whether or not that is true) AND he got his guy back.

That wouldn't have happened with Whelan.

It was a very bad move.

cb1111

1671155431049.png

Ukraine war latest: Russia unleashes another drone attack on Kyiv, threatens to target Patriot air defense system (msn.com)

Putin 'readies nuke capable of hitting UK and US' in new threat to West (msn.com)

UK Defense Ministry: Former Kremlin proxy's public criticism points at 'fraught debate' in Russian military (msn.com)

Ukraine – A gift delivered by the Ukrainian security services explodes on Polish police premises (msn.com) I’m not sure what this is about, but it seems really odd.

Putin’s Next Nightmare: Ukraine Is All in on Joining the EU (msn.com)

Russian commander admits 'we don't have the resources' to win war and nuclear is 'only option' (msn.com)

See what Ukrainian trenches are like near Belarusian border | Watch (msn.com)

Russia calls Poland’s decision to declare it a sponsor of terrorism «anti-Russian hysteria (msn.com) Putin Worried About Controlling News as War Struggles Are Exposed: ISW (msn.com)

Russian State TV Hosts Joke About Invasion of London: 'They Will Be Ours' (msn.com)

Russia warns of ‘unpredictable consequences’ if US sends Patriot missiles to Ukraine (msn.com) There are also the predictable consequences – that more Russian crap gets shot out of the sky.

Putin’s the Fool: Why Russia Is Going Down in Flames in Ukraine (msn.com)

Putin’s leaning tower of Jenga (msn.com)

Two Russian Ammo Depots Destroyed After Key Bridge Crippled: Ukraine (msn.com)

Russia to scrap punishments for crimes in occupied Ukraine if ‘in interest of Russian Federation’ (msn.com)

History Won’t Be Kind: Putin’s Tragic Military Disaster in Ukraine (msn.com)

Head of Ukraine's military says he has 'no doubt' the Russians 'will have another go at Kyiv' as Putin adds more troops to his army (msn.com)

The grim state of Russia's war effort is finally leaking into Russian media and social media (msn.com)

Ukrainian Underground Network Helps Destroy Russian Forces in Donetsk— ISW (msn.com)

Putin accuses West of 'robbery' through sanctions in national speech on flagging economy (msn.com)

Why Crimea is Volodymyr Zelenskiy’s greatest bargaining chip (msn.com)

Russian Rapper Tells State TV: Wagner Group Troops Only There to Earn Wages (msn.com) What a surprise…

Pro-Russian authorities in Donetsk denounce «most massive attack» in Ukraine since 2014 (msn.com)

Watch explosion at Russian oil refinery (msn.com)

EXPLAINER: What can the Patriot missile do for Ukraine? (msn.com)

'Putin killed off Russian culture,' Ukranian and Russian authors on ten months of war | Watch (msn.com)

Ukraine cherry picks targets as Russia hammers the east (msn.com)

Belarus orders withdrawal of troops deployed along the Ukrainian border (msn.com)

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
There's a lot more that goes into the equation that people are overlooking. With this deal, Putin got exactly what he wanted - he showed how "woke" the west is (whether or not that is true) AND he got his guy back.

That wouldn't have happened with Whelan.

It was a very bad move.

Shoulda left all three rot in jail.

Back on topic.

Resto-mod T-55 Tanks rolling back into combat! 🤣