GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

U.S. warranty in Europe question

Silus

Ready to race!
For a US spec/US purchased GTI MKVII that is shipped to Europe, is the factory warranty still valid?? Is the extended warranty valid?

And as a follow up, whether the answer is yes or no, is the warranty affected upon return to the U.S.?

The vehicle was purchased about 1 year ago with an extended warranty. Person will be working abroad in Germany for 3 years and then returning to the states.

Thank you!

casualsurfer

Ready to race!
As a former expat, my recommendation is to store your car if you can afford it, and have someone run it for you once a while. I didn't even think of that option and sold my Porsche, regret it every single day. Also if you don't maintain insurance back home, you will be paying fast higher rates when you come back, something to think about. If you can afford a temp car while in Germany I suggest you go that route.

I had a company paid driver while overseas so I didn't think about these things until I came back, especially the insurance: it's like starting all over again.

Last edited:

ManInTheClouds

Ready to race!
For a US spec/US purchased GTI MKVII that is shipped to Europe, is the factory warranty still valid?? Is the extended warranty valid?

And as a follow up, whether the answer is yes or no, is the warranty affected upon return to the U.S.?

The vehicle was purchased about 1 year ago with an extended warranty. Person will be working abroad in Germany for 3 years and then returning to the states.

Thank you!

Per the manual, no it won't.

1SLOW2.01

Ready to race!
Yeah, I'm a little worried about this with taking delivery of my car in Germany.

Cozmo58

Ready to race!
Car(s)
mk
Yeah, I'm a little worried about this with taking delivery of my car in Germany.

Are you doing a european delivery where they send it to the states with you? If so it would still be considered a US car with a US warranty.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Are you doing a european delivery where they send it to the states with you? If so it would still be considered a US car with a US warranty.

Judging by the first post I don't think that's the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1SLOW2.01

Ready to race!

No, I'm moving to Germany this summer and taking delivery there.