GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tyrol Deadset kit vs. 034 subframe locking collars etc.

-DK-

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
I have the Tyrolsport rear deadset kit and it is very nice. I plan on installing front subframe deadset or something similar soon when I install my front sway bar. Is there a substantial advantage, if any, to using the Tyrolsport kit vs. 034, racingline etc.? I realize the Tyrol kit includes billet aluminum brackets, but realistically, if the locking collars are doing their job properly orienting and locking in place the subframe, does this even matter?

thanks

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
I have the Tyrolsport rear deadset kit and it is very nice. I plan on installing front subframe deadset or something similar soon when I install my front sway bar. Is there a substantial advantage, if any, to using the Tyrolsport kit vs. 034, racingline etc.? I realize the Tyrol kit includes billet aluminum brackets, but realistically, if the locking collars are doing their job properly orienting and locking in place the subframe, does this even matter?

thanks
I have the Tyrolsport kit up front. Works great. They all look to be the same to me though.

-DK-

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Just wondering if it’s worth twice the money. I think I’ll probably grow with Tyrol just for consistency’s sake if nothing else plus I’ve never heard anything negatively regarding their products.

2LEEGIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI MK7
034 - stainless steel
Tyrol - bronze
CTS - aluminum

Based on your experience for the rear subframe, what’s your preference on these options?

-DK-

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
From what I gather, there’s two trains of thought. The softer metals are supposed to deform slightly and mold to fi the interface between the subframe and body. The stainless camp suggest they it will not yield and will register the subframe more accurately. I have no idea if it makes any difference or one is better than another hence my original question. Ones twice as expensive as the other, is it twice as good?

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I'm pretty sure the tyrol kit comes with replacement ARP hardware, the racing line kit does not come with anything other than the collars.

swifty1

Ready to race!
I have the tyrol and I like it. The ARP hardware is really nice. Maybe the bronze bushings are less noisy than the SS ones? Realistically, I don't know how much any of these kits do...

-DK-

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Yeah. The Tyrol is nice. No disputing that. Thank guess there is probably almost no one who has swapped one for another that could provide an objective basis of comparison. I’ll probably just go with Tyrol at this point.

2LEEGIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI MK7
Received a complete front and rear set today, excited to see what the difference will be when done.

Attachments

• 87CAE769-F41B-4AEC-BC96-1410603EDCC0.jpeg
    87CAE769-F41B-4AEC-BC96-1410603EDCC0.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 129

-DK-

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Nice! As an update. I wound up buying the Tyrol front kit as I already had the rear. I adde a new front sway bar at the same time so I can’t distinctly identify the dead sets overall effect but the front seems so much tighter and more solid and would highly recommend the combination. Adding a front sway bar is a no brainer since the subframe is dropped.

GreatFallsofGreen

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GFG 7.5, 6MT
How’s the added NVH if there is any? I’d assume this part would amplify NVH especially if you’re running a dog one insert or replacement.

thanks!!

-DK-

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Honestly not much additional NVH. Possibly a bit more mechanical element introduced but certainly no unrefined or unpleasant.

Malttv5

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 mk7 R , 2015 Po
They all do the same thing . Get the cheapest known brand and put the extra cash towards something else .
I think I got the CTS set and put the savings into S3 alloy front subframe .

Cheers