GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

tyre choice

staggc

Rite lads
Time to get new tyres. on Continental Sport Contact 2. good Tyre but they wear very quickly. thinking of getting Toyo t1r's or Michelin Pilot Sport PS2.
Just woundering what ye lads are running on and whats the verdict

VMRWheels

Go Kart Champion
It depends on your needs. Toyo T1Rs are pretty popular online I'd say, as well as those PS2s. A lot of our customers have been enjoying Hankook Ventus V12s, Continental ExtremeContact DWs, and Continental ExtremeContact DWSs. Other popular choices are Falken FK452s or Nitto Invos. :thumbsup:

Hope that helps!

shadow29

Ready to race!
I had conti DWS's on my old car and absolutely loved them. Low road noise and dry/wet grip was great. Was also really suprised how well they did this past winter. With all the snow/ice in the northeast, I really didn't have too many problems. I actually still have the wheels/tires and probably going to throw them on the GTI to replace the pirelli POS that came with the car.

staggc

ok forget price for a min, which would you go for out of these?

FALKEN TYRES FK452
GOODYEAR F1 GSD3 EAGLE GOODYEAR F 1
YOKOHAMA PARADA 2

VMRWheels

Go Kart Champion
ok forget price for a min, which would you go for out of these?

FALKEN TYRES FK452
GOODYEAR F1 GSD3 EAGLE GOODYEAR F 1
YOKOHAMA PARADA 2

I'm personally running FK452's right now and have no qualms with them. Yokohamas are good too, but I don't have too much experience, nor do I get many inquiries for those Goodyears.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
FYI Sumitomo HTR ZIIIs have a bit of noise... Other than that they handle great.

RuckU2

Ready to race!
Do NOT get Toyo T1R's. I personally have ran them and they are noisy, ride comfort is horrible, and they lasted 1 summer. Horrible tire IMO.

Redslumber

Ready to race!
Also rockin' the Continental DWS. Great traction on dry and wet so far. Very pleased

pizzakid13

Passed Driver's Ed
i am also going to need new tires before this winter. i just reached 20k miles. i still have 2 more years on this lease so i would like to get something that will last a little longer. is that possible or is this just how it is with a GTI?