GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Twisted Sisters Run - Gauging Interest

helushune

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport 6MT
I'd like to start an annual Twisted Sisters run/meetup or something to that effect. Last year, I did the run in mid-December and the roads were pretty empty but could definitely be much nicer to look at in October/November instead with all the fall colors. That said, there's definitely something to being the only one on the road at the time. I don't know when all the bikers hit up the roads but the few I ran in to last year gave me the right-of-way for maximum enjoyment of these roads. I'm thinking maybe a meetup in Medina or Leakey, then heading down to Camp Wood, up 335, then head over 41 to 336, and back down to Leakey.

Lots of beautiful scenery along the way, but not a lot of turn-outs to take photos or whatever.

AzteCypher

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
I'd be up for this on a weekend. I did the 3 Sisters Run with a Mazda group I used to hang out with when we lived in San Antonio years ago.

helushune

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport 6MT
Sweet! I'm thinking October/November for the Autumn colors. I did the run last year in mid/late December and was in love with all the red/orange/yellow but most of the leaves had already fallen. I've heard Spring is quite nice too when the bluebonnets are out. Last time, I completely missed the 336 turn off of 41, drove down 83 back to Leakey, then went back up 336. It took all day but it was a blast.