GOLFMKV

TVS engineering TCU tune

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Interesting, I seriously doubt the undetectable bit, but the rest looks good and I could be totally wrong about it being undetectable.

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Interesting, I seriously doubt the undetectable bit, but the rest looks good and I could be totally wrong about it being undetectable.

Same. I doubt the undetectable part...

Interesting option tho...
They seems to have a few dealers (2) in the US

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ebg18t

Ready to race!
Has anyone heard good things about them?

OR

Does anyone have this TCU tune on their DQ250 DSG / S-Tronic tranmission?

http://www.tvsengineering.nl/en/gearbox/dsg/dq250.html

Apparently, their TCU tune is undetectable...

They have an ok rep. But I find it odd that they mention it’s undetectable. If the mothership scans the tcu the anomalies will be apparent. When I read my dsg I had to use the connector under the air intake, but I flashed thru the obd2 port.

I wonder if they say it’s undedetactable since tcu/dsg reading can only be done via the other plug and the obd2 data doesn’t show the anomaly?

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
They have an ok rep. But I find it odd that they mention it’s undetectable. If the mothership scans the tcu the anomalies will be apparent. When I read my dsg I had to use the connector under the air intake, but I flashed thru the obd2 port.

I wonder if they say it’s undedetactable since tcu/dsg reading can only be done via the other plug and the obd2 data doesn’t show the anomaly?

Good question - no idea!
So from what I’ve heard. They offer 1 of the best TCU tune for our platform but it’s pricey.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
I have their stage 3 tune and it’s pretty awesome. Way better than ED.

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
I have their stage 3 tune and it’s pretty awesome. Way better than ED.

Where did you get it from? Trying to contact a few places to get more info...

Care to share the flashing process? I think stage3 is different than stage2. As in the flashing process can’t simply be done via a flashing tool at home.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
I drove up to Pag Parts for the Stage 3 tune. You are correct in they only allow up to a stage 2 to be flashed at home.

I had to get there by 10 AM since TVS closes by noon EST so I’m not sure how the west coast dealer is doing stage 3 unless it’s over the course of two days?

Arthur had to download my oem file from the mechatronics unit and send it to them. They look at it and rewrite it based upon the specs you request (stage 3) and then it’s flashed via the obd2 port. It’s locked so no other files can be flashed onto the tcu.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
For stage 3 you tell them what you want to shift at in d, s, and m modes.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
the stg 3 seems interesting but the fact that the nearest dealer is almost 500 miles away
meh, not so much

Yeah that’s the biggest issue is finding a dealer. It’s like a $5k Buy-in for the computer / flashing programming tool.