GOLFMKV

Turboparts Canada turbo thread

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
The biggest thing I don't like is the cause for the failures isn't being disclosed. I also wonder if Nick at TPC knows that his employee is posting this stuff. It ought to be easy to give a percentage failure rate. Obviously it's being handled extremely poorly. Remember when EQT went through a period of bearing failures on the Vortex? Ed made good on every one of those turbos that failed and disclosed the reason for the failures and fixed the problem. And now EQT sells the shit out of of them. That's the lesson TPC should take from this. The OP has destroyed any chance TPC had to redeem themselves. And once again I wonder if the owner of TPC is aware of this post.

And remember I have a TPC20 and am happy with it but I would be very leary of purchasing from them again.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Why is it easy to give the percentage of failure rates when it’s possibly not a defect of the turbo? How do you know they aren’t trying to figure things out?
Generally, if a failure does occur, the company would want to see the product back and have their team figure out the cause of failure. But, what happens now, is people are quick to jump to social media to “expose” rather than let the company fix any potential problem. This is why the company wants to keep it quiet / off of social media so they can look before they make any type of statements. Because it could be an external factor more so than the product.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Why is it easy to give the percentage of failure rates when it’s possibly not a defect of the turbo? How do you know they aren’t trying to figure things out?
Generally, if a failure does occur, the company would want to see the product back and have their team figure out the cause of failure. But, what happens now, is people are quick to jump to social media to “expose” rather than let the company fix any potential problem. This is why the company wants to keep it quiet / off of social media so they can look before they make any type of statements. Because it could be an external factor more so than the product.
They've had plenty of time to disclose what the problem (s) are.

sportymk7

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
That's too bad, it's a clear-cut plan to redeem your company. Most of us (myself included) weren't aware or had forgotten of this "damage" done 6 months ago but you've brought it back to light and also argued with everyone here at the same time. Your avatar flipping us off doesn't help much either. If you find this strategy isn't working for you in the near future, the offer still stands.
you sound like a bitch trying to guilt trip a company into giving you a product. “if you give me x, ill make sure no one talks badly about you again” - BadHomebre760

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Because there's no transparency, which is a pretty important thing. In the grand scheme of things, the MQB scene is a fairly small group, and people talk. That's just the nature of everything. And instead of getting ahead of things, coming to the community and just making a statement saying "Hey guys, we've seen a few turbos come back and we're investigating the cause." they come on forums and Facebook stiring up drama and attacking users.

sportymk7

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
High 10's my ass! You're going to need a bigger turbo than the TPC20, I don't care what you say. What you currently did for weight reduction isn't going to get you there. Maybe, just maybe, if you make your car into a tin can and run full slicks, then it might get you there. Also, your 7.64 Dragy time is very skeptical, especially since it's a manual.
god you really have no sense do you.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CKTmMF5n3N-/?igshid=ab4tp9o0w6n1
here’s a link that shows the time stamp on my dash cam with the 7.64 60-130 run.
not my fault that my car is quicker than others, being a manual shouldn’t make my car class any different from a roll like 60-130 is.
car can and will run 10’s. weather that’s on the JB version of the TPC20 or the BB.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
It's been almost a year now and we still don't know what happened to either turbo. Not sure its "jumping on social media to expose" when your friend buys a turbo you have, it pops, and he loses money because you were being a team player with the vendor, trying to work with them.

Oh and they "hook up" your friend and tell you to pound sand when you ask if you can upgrade to the newer turbo for additional money.

How weird is that?? Someone offers to pay you money to fix a problem and you refuse!! That's another illogical move by this vendor.

Last edited:

GTI_Owner

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
The biggest thing I don't like is the cause for the failures isn't being disclosed. I also wonder if Nick at TPC knows that his employee is posting this stuff. It ought to be easy to give a percentage failure rate. Obviously it's being handled extremely poorly. Remember when EQT went through a period of bearing failures on the Vortex? Ed made good on every one of those turbos that failed and disclosed the reason for the failures and fixed the problem. And now EQT sells the shit out of of them. That's the lesson TPC should take from this. The OP has destroyed any chance TPC had to redeem themselves. And once again I wonder if the owner of TPC is aware of this post.

And remember I have a TPC20 and am happy with it but I would be very leary of purchasing from them again.
If you want to determine the cause of failure that's not necessarily an easy task. Reporting a failure rate without knowing the cause of failure isn't helpful.

OP stated TPC has taken care of all the customers who've had failures, how's that different from your description of EQT making good on theirs? (I doubt every turbo failure that EQT was notified about prompted EQT to take to social media to announce to the public that they'd been informed that one of their turbos failed).

Bizarre way for a company to represent their product in this thread, but I also think you have unrealistic expectations.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
If you want to determine the cause of failure that's not necessarily an easy task. Reporting a failure rate without knowing the cause of failure isn't helpful.

OP stated TPC has taken care of all the customers who've had failures, how's that different from your description of EQT making good on theirs? (I doubt every turbo failure that EQT was notified about prompted EQT to take to social media to announce to the public that they'd been informed that one of their turbos failed).

Bizarre way for a company to represent their product in this thread, but I also think you have unrealistic expectations.
Did TPC make good on all the failures? When EQT had bearing problems it was my understanding that they reached out to customers. Ed at EQT did announce the failures in this forum.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Did TPC make good on all the failures? When EQT had bearing problems it was my understanding that they reached out to customers. Ed at EQT did announce the failures in this forum.

When you ask the TPC guys about turbo failures, they reply with "send me a screenshot of us discussing the second turbo failure". This has happened at least 3x in this thread alone. Seems like they are not owning up to it. When asked for details on the two NY turbo failures, they are silent.

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
When you ask the TPC guys about turbo failures, they reply with "send me a screenshot of us discussing the second turbo failure". This has happened at least 3x in this thread alone. Seems like they are not owning up to it. When asked for details on the two NY turbo failures, the are silent.
It's an instant replay from the original thread a while back.

@Navi what did you do when the second turbo failed? I don't remember seeing an outcome for that.

Navi

Autocross Champion
It's an instant replay from the original thread a while back.

@Navi what did you do when the second turbo failed? I don't remember seeing an outcome for that.
Went back to IS38. Probably going to go eqt soon.