GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Turboparts Canada turbo thread

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion
This got a bit better.

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion
I am truly bothered by this. I suggest you try a different tuner because there are some serious issues here. Unless they are ramping it in soft because you have a stock motor i cannot explain the poor performance. We have made more whp than this on 94 octane ( no meth) and very conservative timing ( 4 ish degrees). On that same pump gas tune we are seeing 28ish psi by 3800rpm. I cannot explain your poor results but i know this is not indictive of our turbos capabilities.
Every time I post something with my results with one of TPCs turbos, this is always the retort from TPC and their reps... it's your car. Your build is bad. Your tuners are bad. I've seen so and so run X.XX with 100 more whp/wtq than you. Spend more money and push that turbo to really work. Same tired story.

I've been to 3 different mechanics and they have all independently confirmed my build is as to be expected. Have had boost leak testS. Have had compression testS. All on my own dime because you all swear it's on my end, not your product. The tuner you all constantly drag is Jeff/Fred from UnitedMotorsports. But I'm sure you all know much better than them. I am REAL close to buying an EQT XL out of my own pocket, AGAIN, just to see what the differences truly are. An actual apples to apples comparison. Do you/TPC wanna sponsor me doing that @THEREALVRT?

sportymk7

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Up here is in Virginia Beach, VA.

Now those are the times I was expecting to see. OP was claiming high 10's which is too quick for your setup.
it can run high 10’s and will. being a manual car takes a little more effort than a DSG car at the strip.
Not driving that far for a race that won’t really be a race. If you want to online race me, beat my 60-130. 7.64 is the number.

sportymk7

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Again, seems like OP is lying and trying to push a product. They still haven't answered simple questions like why their turbos failed. So they come on here and slander @Navi, post fake results to try to push their product, ghost the thread when asked why their turbos pop in 2000 miles. Seems fishy as fk..
which results are fake? reason i ask is most of the results he’s posted here is/are my data. i read somewhere that they tried to enlarge the turbine size on the JB turbo and after a couple thousand miles it would throw itself into the exhaust housing and snap. which ive read has since been fixed. again, this is something i read somewhere take it with a grain of salt as info might not be 100% correct

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Thanks to OP for posting, now I know for sure not to buy from these guys

Moral of the story: If you want a hybrid based of the IS20, just get an EQT Vortex.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
it can run high 10’s and will. being a manual car takes a little more effort than a DSG car at the strip.
Not driving that far for a race that won’t really be a race. If you want to online race me, beat my 60-130. 7.64 is the number.

High 10's my ass! You're going to need a bigger turbo than the TPC20, I don't care what you say. What you currently did for weight reduction isn't going to get you there. Maybe, just maybe, if you make your car into a tin can and run full slicks, then it might get you there. Also, your 7.64 Dragy time is very skeptical, especially since it's a manual.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
I just can't believe this was an honest attempt at straightening things out or trying to show the good side of TPC. What's the viewership breakdown of this thread?

2 or 3 people from TPC or sponsored by TPC
2 or 3 people who ran TPC turbos who with poor results
a handful of people that like to stir the pot
and then hundreds of people that might be hearing about or experiencing TPC for the first time?

What good is this doing? It's certainly entertaining but anyone who is in the market for a hybrid and saw this thread just trimmed their list.

Know your audience.

/thread

projectTVMK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi A3
Waiting on @eqt to make the ball bearing vortex. Drooling.
Is that the new turbo Ed is working on? I thought they were developing a full frame turbo?

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Not sure what else he's working on but he did mention it a long time ago in passing. I never followed up with him. I'm hoping it is still a thing.
I thought Cliff (eqt) was testing this. Haven’t heard much from him and his build in a while.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Not here to post in favor or against TPC; but there are some common misconceptions here. Just because you know two people who purchased something doesn’t mean that’s the entire base. Many people stay off of forums, and social media.

People exaggerate, and cause widespread panic before allowing companies to fix something. How many failures has VW had with stock IS38 and early IS20s?

There are many factors to consider if a turbo / any part fails. The blame game doesn’t work, and hinders QC and improvement of the product.