GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Turbo Upgrade/Supporting Mods

VaVag

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 MK7 Golf R
Hello all! I am currently in the process of deciding on what turbo to upgrade to (hybrid or big boi) and what supporting mods must be had to run one on E too. I was hoping to get some suggestions and see what kind of set ups some of you guys and gals out there are running.

Also wanted to gauge and get an idea of what Id need to support running something like an XL or an actual big turbo. Ie. MPI, lpfp, hpfp, sensors etc.

TIA!

Aussie R

Ready to race!
What’s plan with car? You can get hybrid that prob get you 480hp without needing fuelling upgrades or upgraded internals. Around 500hp with hp.

Otherwise big turbo and max power you’ll probably need both HPFP, LPFP, dsg clutch pack upgrade to cope with torque and engine build. I’d speak to custom tuner that you would likely use to guide you best.

its probably why many get hybrid for that 500hp 600nm mark to save engine build, clutch packs etc.

VaVag

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 MK7 Golf R
What’s plan with car? You can get hybrid that prob get you 480hp without needing fuelling upgrades or upgraded internals. Around 500hp with hp.

Otherwise big turbo and max power you’ll probably need both HPFP, LPFP, dsg clutch pack upgrade to cope with torque and engine build. I’d speak to custom tuner that you would likely use to guide you best.

its probably why many get hybrid for that 500hp 600nm mark to save engine build, clutch packs etc.

I daily the car so 450 ft/lb and high 400s hp would be safe for me... I guess Vortex XL would be the route Im leaning towards since Im switching over to EQT anyways.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT

To get 480 whp you will need fueling upgrades and you don't need both pumps upgraded to max out the turbo. To max out with fueling mods, you'll need MPI with an upgraded LPFP, that way you can run full E85.