GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Turbo parts Canada TPC20 turbo brand new

Mccelectric

Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Man it’s unfortunate that in such a great community of Volkswagen owners and enthusiasts there has to be people like you to ruin it for everyone. Hope you feel good about yourself that you can condescend to people hiding behind a keyboard.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I simply said to you that it wasn't necessary to post in 3 different threads. You said it was an accident. How do you accidentally do that? It was just a tip to help keep the forum from having duplicate and more threads for the same thing.
You could have explained it all would have been fine but you came back with a bad response and got a bad response back.
I have the TPC20 and would have been an advocate to help you sell it.

GTI_Owner

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Retains low end torque of the IS20?

Interested in the turbo, if you can point me to a dyno chart showing this turbo making torque like an IS20.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Retains low end torque of the IS20?

Interested in the turbo, if you can point me to a dyno chart showing this turbo making torque like an IS20.
No it spools about 600 RPM higher but you won't notice it because when you get on it enough to want power those 600 RPM go by in an instant.
If you're not getting on it you won't notice any difference.

GTI_Owner

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
No it spools about 600 RPM higher but you won't notice it because when you get on it enough to want power those 600 RPM go by in an instant.
If you're not getting on it you won't notice any difference.
The dyno charts show that the torque onset is shifted right, a little more than with an IS38. I think I'd notice 50-75 ft-lbs less torque when pushing the pedal down.

EDIT: I took a closer look. Seems like compared to an IS20 the torque curves cross around 3300 rpm. At 2500 rpm an IS20 is making about 100 ft-lbs more torque and at 3000 rpm it is making 70 ft-lbs more torque.

Last edited: