GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Turbo Parts Canada TPC20 Hybrid Turbo

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I've been running it for 35,000 miles. Great turbo but if I was doing it again I would get the EQT Vortex because it spools a little sooner and has a little more top end. Not a lot but probably 30 HP more. What do you consider stage 3?

And the TPC20 gave me 60 HP more than the IS38.

Leonardp

Go Kart Newbie
I've been running it for 35,000 miles. Great turbo but if I was doing it again I would get the EQT Vortex because it spools a little sooner and has a little more top end. Not a lot but probably 30 HP more. What do you consider stage 3?

And the TPC20 gave me 60 HP more than the IS38.
I drive a 2015 GTI which is APR stage 2 so was wondering if this turbo was a power upgrade option that would allow me not to change my tune.....don’t know much about engine mods, was really looking for something simple and cost effective

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I drive a 2015 GTI which is APR stage 2 so was wondering if this turbo was a power upgrade option that would allow me not to change my tune.....don’ know much about engine mods
What turbo do you have now? It would need to be retuned for either the IS38 or TPC20.
If you have an IS38 now it would need to be retuned for the TPC20 or any other turbo. I know it's expensive to dump APR but if you switch turbos I would highly recommend the Cobb Access Port and get tuned by EQT. To make any tune worthwhile you should have an intercooler and downpipe minimum. For any other turbo I wouldn't bother with an off the shelf tune.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT

Corey199

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Volkswagen GTI
I’ll be getting one soon. There are many different factors to consider. Are you willing to switch to another tuner? (ie: EQT or Sneekytuned) How much power do you want to run? How much do you want to spend? Is38 with an OTS tune will be much more cost effective than a custom tune with a TPC20 and any other supporting mods (mainly fueling).

Leonardp

Go Kart Newbie
What turbo do you have now? It would need to be retuned for either the IS38 or TPC20.
If you have an IS38 now it would need to be retuned for the TPC20 or any other turbo. I know it's expensive to dump APR but if you switch turbos I would highly recommend the Cobb Access Port and get tuned by EQT. To make any tune worthwhile you should have an intercooler and downpipe minimum. For any other turbo I wouldn't bother with an off the shelf tune.
I have all the performance goodies you mention. I am with the stock turbo now. Just curious about this, probably will do nothing as I have no issues at present with what I have now.

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
As stated, the TPC20 is a much larger turbo than an is20 or is38 ( wheel size is larger as the oem housings are used), you would need a custom tune to run either. You would need , at minimum a downpipe and intercooler upgrade to get the most out of this turbo. You could put the tpc20 on and run your stock fuel system and map sensors and make 400-430 whp on that stock setup ( depending on your quality of gas ), which is obviously a great gain over and is20 stg 2 and a decent gain over an is38 setup.