GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Turbo outlet O-ring

teemmy

Ready to race!
Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement O-ring for the turbo outlet? All the guys that have done the turbo muffler delete should know what I'm talking about (that flimsy tiny one).

I'm having a hard time finding information about it and the dealer does not sell it. I'm wondering if there are some generic ones that would fit that I can find online or at a store like home depot.

Any help would be appreciated!

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Nope, I couldn't find it online either :/ maybe just a bead of rtv to seal it would work? Not the prettiest maybe but only thing I can think of.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
That was my other idea. I just put on my is38 so I have a spare I'd give you if it comes to that. I'm headed up to the Bay Area next week so let me know if you can't find one!

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE

Unfortunately the turbo looks to be all one part number.
Luckily the muffler is on the inlet side and not leaking boost.
I wonder if there is any negative impact without the o-ring. Thoughts?

teemmy

Ready to race!
I've been running the car without it and I haven't felt anything, but then again if there was a leak in boost I would imagine it would be pretty small - considering it's directly bolted together. Then again, there's a reason why there's an O ring there. I imagine there's the possibility of forming a tiny leak under high temperature and pressure when the metal expands.

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
I'd say high temp RTV it and get a smoke test done while the engine is still warm.

jamstonmartames

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GOLF 7.5
I am also in need to this o-ring as it's degraded quite heavily.

I think this is the culprit right? Will be looking to order it from the stealers. WHT006482

1648461551884.png