GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TURBO Integra CHALLENGES Stage 2 6MT GTI

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Whatever. All low powered shit right? Right.

Navi

Autocross Champion
yeah... especially when stuff like this is out there

bcb82c5b-580b-4777-958a-4c978c5a5c18.jpg

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
yeah... especially when stuff like this is out there

View attachment 172488

Exactly. I saw a McLaren 720S clear a 3.5 second 60-130. UGR Lamborghinis have run a 2.3 second 60-130 on “mid power". FFS a IMS780 Iroz RS3 can run a 5sec 60-130. I understand that these are entirely different platforms but the sheer speed of cars these days is mind boggling. Shock and awe...

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Exactly. I saw a McLaren 720S clear a 3.5 second 60-130. UGR Lamborghinis have run a 2.3 second 60-130 on “mid power". FFS a IMS780 Iroz RS3 can run a 5sec 60-130. I understand that these are entirely different platforms but the sheer speed of cars these days is mind boggling. Shock and awe...
If you mind me asking from someone who know not a lot, what is the importance of the 60-130 numbers? Wouldn't 1/4 mile be more important? Maybe different way to measure acceleration I guess

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
If you mind me asking from someone who know not a lot, what is the importance of the 60-130 numbers? Wouldn't 1/4 mile be more important? Maybe different way to measure acceleration I guess

1/4 mile would be great but it's not very easy to come to a complete stop on public roads and do a 1/4 mile run.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1

I think in the day and age of turbocharged cars the 60-130 number is more telling of a cars power. The 60-130 number is more easily achievable on the street by a wider group of vehicles and people who don't have access to or the desire to go to a track. Another reason I think that it is important is because it showcases the brute force of the car instead of its ability to grip. When it comes to high powered cars in the quarter much of your time comes down to your 60’ and how quickly you can get the car out of the hole. The 60-130 time ignores that and showcases the cars power which interests some people more myself included. The pure power of the car interests me more than its ability to hook up coming out of the hole. That's why I prefer the 60-130 measurement. That’s just my take on why the 60-130 number is significant.

Those cars I mentioned previously are also very fast in the quarter but they are overshadowed by real dragsters on a tire. You can’t take a full weight streetcar and expect to compete with purpose built dragsters.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
I think in the day and age of turbocharged cars the 60-130 number is more telling of a cars power. The 60-130 number is more easily achievable on the street by a wider group of vehicles and people who don't have access to or the desire to go to a track. Another reason I think that it is important is because it showcases the brute force of the car instead of its ability to grip. When it comes to high powered cars in the quarter much of your time comes down to your 60’ and how quickly you can get the car out of the hole. The 60-130 time ignores that and showcases the cars power which interests some people more myself included. The pure power of the car interests me more than its ability to hook up coming out of the hole. That's why I prefer the 60-130 measurement. That’s just my take on why the 60-130 number is significant.

Those cars I mentioned previously are also very fast in the quarter but they are overshadowed by real dragsters on a tire. You can’t take a full weight streetcar and expect to compete with purpose built dragsters.
This was an excellent reply, thank you.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

I agree with you but after the ticket I got I won't be doing any 60-130 runs. Jail doesn't sound very enticing.

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
*edited*

Back on topic.

Cool kill. I still like the Integra and respect it more than a stg2 gti.