GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Turbo inlet pipe

ice raptor

Passed Driver's Ed
Been looking at doing some mods for the R and wanted to start with some cheaper easier to do ones first and was looking at some inlet pipes. Anyone suggest a certain brand for them or another mod around that price? Thanks

TheInstallGuy

Passed Driver's Ed
Been looking at doing some mods for the R and wanted to start with some cheaper easier to do ones first and was looking at some inlet pipes. Anyone suggest a certain brand for them or another mod around that price? Thanks

I use the CTS TIP and muffler delete. Price was reasonable and I have been very happy with it so far.
I haven't used any other variants, so I cannot speak to the performance of the other options.

Last edited:

ice raptor

Passed Driver's Ed
I use the CTS TIP and muffler delete. Price was reasonable and I have been very happy with it so far.
I haven't used any other variants, so I cannot speak to the performance of the other options.

alright thanks! That was the main one i was looking at.

TheInstallGuy

Passed Driver's Ed
Have you noticed any increase in turbo sound with the TIP and turbo muffler delete? Thanks in advance.

When I did the upgrade, I also added the CTS intake. The short answer yes, huge. However, I cannot speak to each piece individually.

MKVIIS R

Passed Driver's Ed
This has been heavily tested by a member in this forum I believe (and other forums). He flow tested most of the TIP in the market today and has a graph on their individual air flow.

http://mygolfmk7.com//2019/01/tip-ranking-round-3/

MST v2.0 turbo inlet pipe + MST silicone intake pipe has the best flow according to the bench test (using the stock airbox + aFe dry filter in his tests).

I went with this setup.

EDIT: This is the flow bench he had of the stock box + aFe dry + MST TIP/hose vs most of the aftermarket intakes

http://mygolfmk7.com/2019/09/ultimate-mk7-gti-air-intake/

Last edited: