GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Turbo Inlet Pipe (TIP) Comprehensive Thread

VL3X

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE

Man, I love these tests. Thanks for doing this. I've been debating "upgrading" my CTS inlet to the Uni TIP and just can't justify it. Even though it'd be a ~$20 difference after reselling the CTS. The only thing that bugs me about the CTS is the way the PCV bung bottle necks a bit. I doubt that has any actual negative effect to power... now that I think of it, it might actually help prevent some turbulence.... what do you think?

MyGolfMk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
B5 S4, Mk7 GTI
Man, I love these tests. Thanks for doing this. I've been debating "upgrading" my CTS inlet to the Uni TIP and just can't justify it. Even though it'd be a ~$20 difference after reselling the CTS. The only thing that bugs me about the CTS is the way the PCV bung bottle necks a bit. I doubt that has any actual negative effect to power... now that I think of it, it might actually help prevent some turbulence.... what do you think?

I looked into velocity variation exiting the elbow during the first test series. There was generally consistent performance among the aftermarket elbows with APR measuring slightly higher variation than the others I tested.

MyGolfMk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
B5 S4, Mk7 GTI
How many data points do you collect for each TIP?

I pick what looks to be an average. When running air through the part there is a good amount of turbulence and that creates constant pressure changes which then affects the flow rate. Once up to the test depression I run the test for 10-30 seconds and observe the oscillations of the airflow and estimate the center point. That's the +/- 3 CFM margin of error I refer to. The sampling rate of the digital manometer is set to 50 samples per second.

JonnyTSI

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi Guys
I resume the thread to ask you what you think of vwr..Here in Eu is an high end performance parts for VW ... and i would like to go with a VWR inlet hose and inlet pipe ... I would not want to lose torque on low revs
PS: i have a GTI 7.5 with OEM airbox modded + drop filter and Revo stage 1

Do you think I'm doing well or do I just throw my money?
Thx..

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
Hi Guys
I resume the thread to ask you what you think of vwr..Here in Eu is an high end performance parts for VW ... and i would like to go with a VWR inlet hose and inlet pipe ... I would not want to lose torque on low revs
PS: i have a GTI 7.5 with OEM airbox modded + drop filter and Revo stage 1

Do you think I'm doing well or do I just throw my money?
Thx..
VWR TIP and Hose should be fine. I wouldn’t consider it throwing your money away.

JonnyTSI

Passed Driver's Ed
VWR TIP and Hose should be fine. I wouldn’t consider it throwing your money away.
thx man... my worry is losing torque at lows...but from what i have read (yes..i have read all 32 pages.. LoL) i should have no problem ...

PS. think this is best G7 forum ever read bfr ... (y)(y)