Car(s)
A car
the forbidden choo choo....
1629901990681.jpeg

GTI_Owner

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
It doesn't throw them off a lot but I had issues with DSG upshifts and the forge valve causing random fuel trim spikes, a bunch of people have had similar issues, usually resulting in a rich spike.
There's an 8-page thread about it and the TLDR is that stick with stock, it is faster maintenance-free reliable, and causes less headaches.
I was in one of those 8-page threads. I couldn't even get clear direction on what to log let alone getting to a conclusion that was based on the logs.

AceHammer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 A3
As far as I can tell the forge is slower than the stock valve, being vacuum actuated and all, and yes I know its still electronically controlled by the ECU but it is still vacuum powered.
It being slower causes stft to move around a bit more than stock and that's about it. It's not going to damage anything it's just slightly less optimal.

That being said a lot of people forget that the forge valve needs to be properly set up with the right spring, and should be re-lubed once a year.

There's also a lot of misinformation floating around, like the shopdap website recommending a BOV, for "high HP builds", when in reality every protuner I've talked to tells you to stick with stock.