GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tuning your GTI

Ahmoodys

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey Peeps,

Now I'm currently researching tuning and upgrading my GTI', I'm mainly eyeing APR and Unitronic, both respectable and put good numbers, but one is notoriously known for blowing up turbos (At least from what I have seen on forums) which in that case is APR, another issue is that there are no contact details in the U.A.E.

On the other hand I have Unitronic which is in Abu Dhabi (Where I live), and they gave me a full detailed price list of tunes, exhausts and intake here is there reply (TENSAI TUNING AGENT OF UNITRONIC):

"As below Ahmed. You need to add shipping cost of around $200 for downpipe and $400 for catback.

Stage 1 = $650 USD
Stage 1+ = $700 USD
Stage 2 = $750 USD

UH024-EXA
3" Downpipe for MK7 GTI
Retail: $729.99 USD
ETA: ~ 2 weeks or less

UH025-EXA
3" Cat-Back for MK7 GTI
Retail $999.99 USD

UH026-EXA
3" Turbo-Back for MK7 GTI
Retail: $1649.99 USD

UH007-INA
Carbon Fiber Intake System for MQB platforms
Retail $429.99 USD
ETA: Currently unavailable, but projected for late Q1/early Q2 2015."

And above that I never heard any problems about software tuning by Unitronic (Again it might just be me not seeing people complaining).

If anyone has any experiences with the above tunes please do share them, after all we didn't get the GTI to stay stock :D it's just a matter of time :D

buzz944

Ready to race!
Hey man

Both great companies and both has nothing to do with turbo blowing. It its gonna blow it well blow regardless of the tune.

The new APR tune rev 1.2 has less torque and doen't die after 5500RPM

If i remember correctly Unitronic had better review in the MK6

KindiGTI (from Oman) blew I think 3 turbo's
He had APR tune and now Eurodyne

Maybe he could chime in

Ahmoodys

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes I've heard Kindi's story, unfortunate but I find it hard to believe that a turbo would fail on a stock car although I also heard that stock cars turbos sometimes fail.

I will narrow my choices down to 3 companies for the intake and the tune, APR, Unitronic & might add REVO. For the exhaust I'm really thinking of those Valvetronic ones, their idea is cool, might go with IPE or Armytrix both cost AED 11,000, or might just stick with the normal turbobacks milltek, APR (when it comes out) or Unitronic.

Please share your thoughts let me see your opinion on this.

buzz944

Ready to race!
Well I got Injen intake as the APR is waaaay overprice and sounds better IMO with a swoosh sound just like a BOV

As for a tune I like the convenience Eurodyne offers. But still APR and Uni gets pretty good numbers

I don't think I'll ever get an exhaust to be honest as its my DD and I have a family. I might just might get a downpipe :p

IMO before you get any exhaust try to hear it live, if you can. Mashallah in Dubai you have almost all the brands and many tuned MK7's

Ahmoodys

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok I managed to get to APR here are their price list:

"1) software is available for Golf GTI Mk7 ( you can check www.goapr.com for HP outputs and graphs) price is 3500 for one time tune and returning back to stock once only.

2) Down Pipe will be available in stock soon prices to be set

3) Air Intake is available in stock for 2550 DHs

We are in DIP and open from 10 to 7. We can send the items all over UAE Via ARAMEX shipping cost is on you. We may also recommend our partner garage in Abu Dhabi for installation."

The price is really high!! I don't get the huge mark up!! Another point is I was doing my 15000 Km service and was chatting with the service advisor about tuning, and of course he told me not tune the car cause lots of issues arised from people tuning their GTI specially from PP performance (That's what he told me, not trying to offend the guys over there). But he pointed that you can do a filter and a catback and it's not a big deal but software is not recommended. When I asked him about the car getting flaged for warranty he said they don't do that unless the tune has a direct effect on a specific part in the car, not sure what he meant but thought i'd share.

MELVIN ANDREWS

Ready to race!
Mate could you help me understand, completely new to VW and the concept of tuning. I have just ordered an R and have been very interested in the threads regarding the tuning, but they all specify that warranty would be lost.

While i don't want to do anything that will effect the warranty atleast for the next 3 years, I really really want the car to sound a little louder even if the power remains stock. Is this even possible, if so what kind of upgrade would i need to do?

Ok I managed to get to APR here are their price list:

. When I asked him about the car getting flaged for warranty he said they don't do that unless the tune has a direct effect on a specific part in the car, not sure what he meant but thought i'd share.

Ahmoodys

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey Melivin, congrats on your new R, you're gonna have lots fun. I've got the GTI not the R but definitely the R is much more fun.

Anyways regarding the tunes, I have the same thought of tuning after 3 years (Warranty Expires). Don't want to get into problems and void my warranty. But as I mentioned earlier my service advisor said tunes wont void my warranty unless a direct cause is linked to a part failure. You can start with a an intake system from APR or Unitronic. Slight power increase and sportier sound. You can do also catback exhaust without going all hardcore and doing a full turboback (Risk voiding the warranty). There are lots of brands to tune your car from start with those websites try finding their local dealers here in the U.A.E. and if you need anything just post it will be more thanhappy to reply.

1. www.ecstuning.com
2. www.parts4euro.com
3. www.uspmotorsports.com

There are lots out there.

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
A tune will give you the most out of your car. If you go with APR, they usually have program switching ability (which they haven't release yet for the Mk7 GTI or R, which is why I'm waiting.) Then you simply switch your ecu back to the stock map via the cruise control stock and nobody is the wiser. I'm pretty sure I'll be going with APR as I've had their tune on 5 other vehicles including my last car which was a MkIV GTI, along with 2 MkV GTIs, and 2 MkIVs (GLI and GTI).

vkkaraddi

Hey Peeps,

Now I'm currently researching tuning and upgrading my GTI', I'm mainly eyeing APR and Unitronic, both respectable and put good numbers, but one is notoriously known for blowing up turbos (At least from what I have seen on forums) which in that case is APR, another issue is that there are no contact details in the U.A.E.

On the other hand I have Unitronic which is in Abu Dhabi (Where I live), and they gave me a full detailed price list of tunes, exhausts and intake here is there reply (TENSAI TUNING AGENT OF UNITRONIC):

"As below Ahmed. You need to add shipping cost of around $200 for downpipe and $400 for catback.

Stage 1 = $650 USD
Stage 1+ = $700 USD
Stage 2 = $750 USD

UH024-EXA
3" Downpipe for MK7 GTI

UH025-EXA
3" Cat-Back for MK7 GTI
Retail $999.99 USD

UH026-EXA

UH007-INA
Retail $429.99 USD

And above that I never heard any problems about software tuning by Unitronic (Again it might just be me not seeing people complaining).

If anyone has any experiences with the above tunes please do share them, after all we didn't get the GTI to stay stock :D it's just a matter of time :D
A person from APR tuning carried this mobile. Not sure check out . His name was Ahmed 0501841814

dukhan

Car(s)
Golf GTI
Hey Peeps,

Stage 1 = $650 USD
Stage 1+ = $700 USD
Stage 2 = $750 USD

UH024-EXA
3" Downpipe for MK7 GTI

UH025-EXA
3" Cat-Back for MK7 GTI
Retail $999.99 USD

UH026-EXA

UH007-INA
Retail $429.99 USD

Hi, can you please send me there contact or company name . thanks