GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tuners!! Who is able to tune the latest 2015 Revision MK7 GTi, R S3 etc..????

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I would like to see VAG support the tuning community as other manurfactures have, eg Ford.

That won't happen, since everyone wants to tune their car AND still want everything still covered under warranty (in the event something goes wrong)....even though the manufacturer never intended it to be used like that.

You want more power? Look at the Golf R or wait for the R400.

It sucks, but you gotta look at it from both sides

Concerning Ford, like a Focus ST, you're paying a lot for that tune (with minimal gains) and it has to be installed at the dealer too (more $$$). So there are some strings attached.

$1,900 for only 23hp & 26tq....come on now: http://www.autoblog.com/2015/08/17/ford-upgrade-kit-takes-focus-st-to-275-hp-and-296-lb-ft/
PLUS labor at the Ford dealer :rolleyes:

Whereas, on the GTI, for "only" $600 you're getting 80hp & 100tq gains but potentially giving up your warranty

Gotta pay to play

GTI_PP

Ready to race!
So Recently here in SA we also discovered the that the newest 2015 Mk7 GTis and R ecu's are locked or something... no one is able to do Software upgrades.. We have been told that the comp that supply the tuning tools are working on the issue. Does anyone know anything or have any news about it?? It sucks and its beginning to come a problem for some tuners. The clients that was looking for a Software upgrade now rather goes some where else for a plug and play unit.

When you say newest GTI are do you mean build date of like July/2015 - Aug/2015 or all 2015 GTI

ripped

Go Kart Champion
When you say newest GTI are do you mean build date of like July/2015 - Aug/2015 or all 2015 GTI

Anything past 03/15 but allot of guys after that build date are still getting tuned. I guess it depends which ecu your car came with. Still waiting for Austin to let me know if my ecu number is obd tunable or not.

AZGTI2

Ready to race!
Our unlock permanently unlocks it. Assuming tuners can properly flash the new file types, they could potentially install software after the fact. Our software has quickly proven to be the most reliable option, in addition to being the most powerful one. I am not quite sure why someone would want to do that, but to each their own. That is the beauty of options.

Austin.. I am looking at having a tune performed on my 16 as soon as it gets in. I don't see any WHP numbers on your site. What are X2plus tunes putting down on 91?

ejewels

Ready to race!
We're more than halfway there, we just don't want to release it as a mail-in service. It's a huge hassle and means your car is down while you wait for the ECU to come back.

Awesome Sean, great news. Any idea of when this will be available? Will your fix let dealers install via the OBD port or will it need to be benched?

GTI_PP

Ready to race!
Done as in I can take it to a authorized reseller and get it tuned or done as in I need to take out the ecu and send you it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well its great that GIAC was the first to crack the issue, but the dealer here in SA wont help me if I don't put the GIAC software on. Witch I think is ridiculous, I was willing to pay for the unlocking service just as anybody else. And I'm running a 7R turbo so GIAC wont be able to tune the car anyway at this stage... We have our own mapping solution but was a bit stranded because of the locked ECU..

16plus4v1

Ready to race!
The R400 is a far fetched solution imho.. Not sure why everyone is "waiting" for them, I don't believe the NA market will get such a gem.. Would be cool though! But highly, highly unlikely.