GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tune for 1.8 with IS38 Sportwagen

joedubs

Go Kart Champion
This is true because they have all they can handle. They would likely rather expand to another platform than develop for the 1.8s.

Could be.

Who knows. Maybe they'll surprise us and come out with support. If they had MPI for the 1.8t, it would be a no-brainer for me, personally. I had Cobb on 2 cars before (Wrx and Lego GT) and would gladly jump back in if they had the features I need.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Could be.

Who knows. Maybe they'll surprise us and come out with support. If they had MPI for the 1.8t, it would be a no-brainer for me, personally. I had Cobb on 2 cars before (Wrx and Lego GT) and would gladly jump back in if they had the features I need.

I want free self tune for VW like Cobb does for Subaru.

joedubs

Go Kart Champion
EcuTek to announce custom tuning & MPI for 1.8T: “Yes, either today or tomorrow I think. Watch out on our FB page.”

They're ALL OVER with their responses....

You're going to need to do a write up for us when you get all the 1.8 MPI stuff going. Thanks in advance. ;)

Got my MPI installed. LPFP done today. Just need to run my fuel line and get my turbo back from Dan.

joedubs

Go Kart Champion
@joedubs what was his response to your latest email quoting his own reply? Sounds like we are getting a lot of mixed messages.

I asked if it was still the case (that it was being put on the back burner) and Tobin said "yes, that's right". I then asked about flashing a file from another ecu, as 5150 suggested and Tobin said he can't advise without my calibration ID. I responded with details from a vag com full scan (including hardware and software numbers, and coding values) since I don't know where to get a Calibration ID from.

Nothing yet.

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
Well that’s disappointing. Let’s see if anything turns up on their page over the next few days. Otherwise sounds like Tobin is blowing smoke...

joedubs

Go Kart Champion
Reply:

Hello Joseph,

I will look into it, we currently have up to 8V0906264K supported in the lists but no M so i don't know if its the same address group or not (K to M) or if its even an simos 18.1 (i think it is based on the ROD number. I will have to ask our resident VW expert and get back to you.
Regards
Lucan Hetherington

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
Keep us posted. No mention of 1.8T support (yet) on their social media pages, which is where they claim it will be announced.

joedubs

Go Kart Champion
Keep us posted. No mention of 1.8T support (yet) on their social media pages, which is where they claim it will be announced.
https://ecutek.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SUPPORT/pages/21430325/VW+EA888+Engine+Tuning

I am really hoping this is true. It could make our cars remotely tunable with fun stuff for upgrading fuel system map sensors etc

Most recent response:

"Hello Joseph,

Is there a tuner near you that could try dump the ROM from the ECU? or can you get a bench read of the calibration so we can have a look at it? Once we have enough of the ROm we should be able to see if we can support it or not.
Regards
Lucan Hetherington"

I'm in NY and could pull my ECU for a bench read. Anybody have any suggestions?