GOLFMKV

Tune and warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
The amount of misinformation on this topic is unreal. Nothing "voids" your warranty. Adding a flash tune (APR etc.) to your car *may* cause issues with powertrain warranty claims. VW gets to make that call, not your dealer, regardless of what they tell you. APR Plus is a third-party warranty that will cover what VW won't (b/c you have tuned your car), it obviously has stipulations. Read the warranty 101 post that is sticky'd on this page. Example - I have a tune and had no issue getting an HVAC issue covered under the warranty. If I blow my DSG, that may not get covered. You can not modify your car and expect VW to cover everything, period. If you can't afford to deal with a costly repair warranty claim that will be denied, don't tune your car.

This is what my post was inferring, hoping the OP would research APR+ and see it's a third party

Golfer883

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 GTI rabbit
The APR warranty has enough loopholes to drive a semi through, so one can't really assume that is 100% sure either. Read the provisions of the warranty and you may be surprised.

If you mod, you need to mentally and financially prepared to pay for whatever the mod breaks - or what the dealer says the mod broke. You can then be pleasantly surprised when VW does cover the failure.

What loopholes are you referring to just so I am aware?

https://www.goaprplus.com/includes/doc/customer_warranty_booklet.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.