GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TTRS Brembo Upgrade Info

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Brakelines from Neuspeed came in today. I got front and rear. I'm hoping they are the correct fittings as I specified these are MK7 Golf R to TTRS MK2 calipers. It says so on the order and looking on page 2 it seems to be correct not the TTRS side.

IMG_3662.jpeg

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Brakelines from Neuspeed came in today. I got front and rear. I'm hoping they are the correct fittings as I specified these are MK7 Golf R to TTRS MK2 calipers. It says so on the order and looking on page 2 it seems to be correct not the TTRS side.

View attachment 281908
I cannot see the keying on the female sides but the front lines male ends are the right ones for the ttrs.

Blue would look really good… but not DIY the current finish is too smooth that even if you rough it up you’ll see that its a home grown brush job - typically you can get away with it on the rough textured ones like stock cast.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
I cannot see the keying on the female sides but the front lines male ends are the right ones for the ttrs.

Blue would look really good… but not DIY the current finish is too smooth that even if you rough it up you’ll see that its a home grown brush job - typically you can get away with it on the rough textured ones like stock cast.

I’ll get better pics of the front line tomorrow.

Yeah I’m not sure I want to go through the trouble of a DIY where it doesn’t look good. I mean I think they look good already and I don’t want to spend more for a professional job at the moment.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Just adding close ups for reference of the TTRS to MK7 line. Thanks for confirming guys. Just waiting for the heat shields from e-Acca which should be here…well I don't know. Lol. I guess a few week.s
IMG_3680.jpeg

IMG_3682.jpeg

IMG_3683.jpeg

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
My last order from E-acca took right about 14 days, which was last month. I know lots of variability there, but wasn’t too long.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
No "race" time on these brakes yet, just driving around town. But they definitely do grab a lot quicker than the OEM brakes. I've had to try and re-learn how to use the brakes so that I don't kiss the steering wheel.

Plus they just look amazing in the wheels.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
About 14 days now... any brake shields show up?
Not yet but it looks like it will be here tomorrow. I’ll post when I get them for sure. I did get a part arrive at exactly 2 weeks and it was another part I got from Germany through eBay, battery tray, and I thought it was the heat shields. Lol.

I’m not sure if I’m going to install the TTRS brakes any time soon though. I wanted to replace the rear rotors, pads and lines at the same time but I also want to get my Oettinger Rear Spoiler painted and I’m shopping around for quotes on that.

First world problems. Lol

Reactions: krs

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
About 14 days now... any brake shields show up?

Got them today! So I have everything I need I guess, though I would need to get some brake fluid for the bleeding. But like I said earlier I’m going to wait to install these.

Funny thing is my wife is out of town with my son until Sunday and I have the day off tomorrow so it would have been a perfect day to install tomorrow…🤷🏻‍♂️

IMG_3887.jpeg

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Sounds like a perfect time… 😂
Question, which pads did you go with?

I'll still figuring out my ceramic option but I'll probably go with Ferodo ds2500's for spirited driving.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
I finally got around to fitting the billet steel adapters for 340mm discs. Both of my 18x9 wheels fit with plenty of spoke clearance.

Had to bend the RS3 dust shield out a bit more near the bottom, since the carriers attach on the opposite side as the 370mm audi ones.

My bolts all got mixed up since VBT did the recall, waiting on them to confirm the torque specs on the bag I had floating around.

Had a hell of a time fitting the pads even with the thinner 15mm spec (CT1001, not CT1001A, in the case of these). I think this is probably just due to my aftermarket pistons, or I need a better piston retraction tool.
In reference to the pad thickness, I did measure the stock pads that came with my eBay TTRS kit. I'm not sure if those metal shims or whatever they are called in the back count but I took measurements of both.

I wonder if the 16mm Ferodo DS2500's that FCP list for the TTRS (FCP1334H) will fit my kit since you mention the use of aftermarket pistons on your calipers. That said, I'm posting this as a reference to the size of the pads that come with the car stock.

IMG_3913.jpeg

IMG_3914.jpeg
IMG_3915.jpeg

IMG_3916.jpeg

scrllock

Autocross Champion
In reference to the pad thickness, I did measure the stock pads that came with my eBay TTRS kit. I'm not sure if those metal shims or whatever they are called in the back count but I took measurements of both.

I wonder if the 16mm Ferodo DS2500's that FCP list for the TTRS (FCP1334H) will fit my kit since you mention the use of aftermarket pistons on your calipers. That said, I'm posting this as a reference to the size of the pads that come with the car stock.
I'd call that a 15mm pad, though yeah, the total depth (with backing plates) is what matters. FCP1334H are about 1mm thicker per side than that.