GOLFMKV

TTRS Brembo Upgrade Info

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Not much room in there…

View attachment 280709

Does anyone run the little noise damper things on their calipers?
I do, I forgot them on the pass side the first trip and didn’t really notice any difference in noise… but also it’s was a short trip🤷🏼‍♂️

Considering audi added these with the provisions as a fix I’d assume they are effective though cause I’d assume some R&D $$ was spent

Last edited:

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Not much room in there…

View attachment 280709

Does anyone run the little noise damper things on their calipers?
These look so good. I'm almost ready to offer the seller what you did. Lol

I wonder if my 19" Pretoria's w/the current 10mm spacer would fit. I used to run 15mm spacers up front but when I switched from PZeros to PS4S I was worried the slightly thicker Michelin would rub...

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
These look so good. I'm almost ready to offer the seller what you did. Lol

I wonder if my 19" Pretoria's w/the current 10mm spacer would fit. I used to run 15mm spacers up front but when I switched from PZeros to PS4S I was worried the slightly thicker Michelin would rub...

The kit was complete, all the way down to the new rotor screw. For the price I’m happy with the product, but wouldn’t have wanted to pay much more.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
I do, I forgot them on the pass side the first trip and didn’t really notice any difference in noise… but also it’s was a short trip🤷🏼‍♂️

Considering audi added these with the provisions as a fix I’d assume they are effective though cause I’d assume some R&D $$ was spent

Yeah, this is true. I’ll probably put them on after I check everything in a few days.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
The kit was complete, all the way down to the new rotor screw. For the price I’m happy with the product, but wouldn’t have wanted to pay much more.
The only thing I would need are the TTRS brake lines correct? If I wanted let's say Neuspeed SS lines, I would just shop for the MK2 TTRS lines on their site?

Also the stock heat shield can work with modification, correct? Either way the TTRS heat shields don't seem like they cost that much and I would probably get them.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Also the stock heat shield can work with modification, correct? Either way the TTRS heat shields don't seem like they cost that much and I would probably get them.
a lot of modifcation.....like cutting...not bending or shaving...cutting.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
The only thing I would need are the TTRS brake lines correct? If I wanted let's say Neuspeed SS lines, I would just shop for the MK2 TTRS lines on their site?

No, you need the Mk7 chassis end and mounting tabs (not sure what to call them, they help attach the line to the knuckle so it doesn't rub). Neuspeed will sell them though, just email and ask.

Stock heat shields can certainly be used, but it requires some cutting and future you will really appreciate it if you grind down the sharp edges. The 8V/8S shields require no cutting, just mild bending.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
a lot of modifcation.....like cutting...not bending or shaving...cutting.
Thanks! Adding the heat shields to my list!
No, you need the Mk7 chassis end and mounting tabs (not sure what to call them, they help attach the line to the knuckle so it doesn't rub). Neuspeed will sell them though, just email and ask.

Stock heat shields can certainly be used, but it requires some cutting and future you will really appreciate it if you grind down the sharp edges. The 8V/8S shields require no cutting, just mild bending.
After posting, I went back to read the first page and now realize I do need a modified brake line. Thanks for the clarification also.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Thanks! Adding the heat shields to my list!

After posting, I went back to read the first page and now realize I do need a modified brake line. Thanks for the clarification also.

Yeah I only had to do some minor trimming on the passenger gear shield. Think they were less than $40 ea from E-ACCA.

The brake lines are essentially very similar to the RS3. I just called neuspeed, told them my setup, and they made them and shipped that day. I also swapped my rear lines, just because.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Yeah I only had to do some minor trimming on the passenger gear shield. Think they were less than $40 ea from E-ACCA.

The brake lines are essentially very similar to the RS3. I just called neuspeed, told them my setup, and they made them and shipped that day. I also swapped my rear lines, just because.
Thanks…rear lines. Why not. I’ll add those also. Lol

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
if you are using the RS3 shields you have to replace the passenger brake line bracket with 8V0611842
Was easier for me to trim the shield, which really wasn’t much. From there I rolled the edges over so it wasn’t sharp. The user has options, just depends on what they want.