GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TTRS Brembo Upgrade Info

scrllock

Autocross Champion
1683668913578.png

I finally got around to fitting the billet steel adapters for 340mm discs. Both of my 18x9 wheels fit with plenty of spoke clearance.

Had to bend the RS3 dust shield out a bit more near the bottom, since the carriers attach on the opposite side as the 370mm audi ones.

My bolts all got mixed up since VBT did the recall, waiting on them to confirm the torque specs on the bag I had floating around.

Had a hell of a time fitting the pads even with the thinner 15mm spec (CT1001, not CT1001A, in the case of these). I think this is probably just due to my aftermarket pistons, or I need a better piston retraction tool.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Good face clearance on those wheels - how’s the barrel? Did you test you track wheels?

The OZ’s have plenty of clearance all around, I’m happy with that. I’ll test my race wheels tomorrow, they’re buried by some moving boxes, and I didn’t feel like getting them out tonight.

Was able to get everything on, aside from the new brake lines and then a bleed. I did have to cut the passenger side heat shield a bit to clear the OEM wear sensor bracket. Pretty minor though.

It’ll probably be the weekend before I can go drive, as I have a few other things to do while the cars up on Jack stands.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
The OZ’s have plenty of clearance all around, I’m happy with that. I’ll test my race wheels tomorrow, they’re buried by some moving boxes, and I didn’t feel like getting them out tonight.

Was able to get everything on, aside from the new brake lines and then a bleed. I did have to cut the passenger side heat shield a bit to clear the OEM wear sensor bracket. Pretty minor though.

It’ll probably be the weekend before I can go drive, as I have a few other things to do while the cars up on Jack stands.
Those are TTRS heat shields? How difficult are those to install? You don’t have to remove the hub do you?

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Those are TTRS heat shields? How difficult are those to install? You don’t have to remove the hub do you?

Correct, super easy to remove and install. As was mentioned, three torx bolts, and mine really weren't hard to remove. Installing them over my wheel studs required a little maneuvering, and then trimming for the OEM wear sensor bracket was about it. No hub removal necessary.

It looks like some people just use the Golf shield, and use a little hammer massage to ensure they clear the big rotors. I was already ordering a few other parts from E-acca, so I just threw these in at the same time. Part numbers were 8V0-615-311-B and 8V0-615-312-B.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Correct, super easy to remove and install. As was mentioned, three torx bolts, and mine really weren't hard to remove. Installing them over my wheel studs required a little maneuvering, and then trimming for the OEM wear sensor bracket was about it. No hub removal necessary.

It looks like some people just use the Golf shield, and use a little hammer massage to ensure they clear the big rotors. I was already ordering a few other parts from E-acca, so I just threw these in at the same time. Part numbers were 8V0-615-311-B and 8V0-615-312-B.
Awesome, thanks. I'll keep an eye on the eEay listing and sit on it for now. Just replaced my clutch so my mod funds are not set to replenish until October unless a great deal comes around. Resisting the temptation of something like PayPal no interest...Lol

But it's good to know what I need. It seems like brake lines and the heat shields. I guess the VBT brackets if I ever want to run 340mm disks.

Good stuff here.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Front and rear brake lines hooked up, first round of bleeding done.

I hate bleeding brakes. Try a I might to keep things clean, this stupid pressurizer still pukes $30 worth of fluid all over.
image.jpg

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Front and rear brake lines hooked up, first round of bleeding done.

I hate bleeding brakes. Try a I might to keep things clean, this stupid pressurizer still pukes $30 worth of fluid all over. View attachment 280651
I went to flush mine last night and multiple seals were blown on my schwaben bleeder. Had to do a pedal bleed, took forever and doesn't feel nearly as good as it does after a good pressure bleed.

• Sad
Reactions: krs

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Real tight on my race wheels… would probably be fine, but my weights will hit the caliper, even with a spacer. Might be fine without weights, that is until a piece of gravel gets kicked up. Probably look for something else.

IMG_2735.jpeg

IMG_2736.jpeg

IMG_2737.jpeg

IMG_2738.jpeg