GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TTRS Brembo Upgrade Info

scrllock

Autocross Champion
I'd probably just email technafit or anyone selling custom lines (neuspeed will do it too) if all you need is an MQB line with a TTRS end. Waste of shipping to grab them from the UK if you're not buying brackets.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
I'd probably just email technafit or anyone selling custom lines (neuspeed will do it too) if all you need is an MQB line with a TTRS end. Waste of shipping to grab them from the UK if you're not buying brackets.

Yeah, that’s what I’m looking at now.

I figured I would order the VBT setup, have the brackets on hand and a backup.

I emailed the guy at awesomegti.com and he said they will ship to the US, but require a bank transfer for payment.

Just another fee, with no buyer protection.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Yeah, that’s what I’m looking at now.

I figured I would order the VBT setup, have the brackets on hand and a backup.

I emailed the guy at awesomegti.com and he said they will ship to the US, but require a bank transfer for payment.

Just another fee, with no buyer protection.
this has been a common thing from the UK lately. had to do an ACH transfer for my $1400 diff, felt sketchy AF.

Reactions: krs

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
this has been a common thing from the UK lately. had to do an ACH transfer for my $1400 diff, felt sketchy AF.

I just ordered the brake line set from Neuspeed.

The brake setup arrived today, and wow, quite surprised at how big everything looks sitting in the box.

20C12B5E-D4B0-4831-A2BC-1C5B327BC2BE.jpeg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I just ordered the brake line set from Neuspeed.

The brake setup arrived today, and wow, quite surprised at how big everything looks sitting in the box.

View attachment 272522
aren't those calipers stupid light? that was the biggest thing that blew me away....

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
aren't those calipers stupid light? that was the biggest thing that blew me away....

Yeah they seem to be pretty light. Not sure how they compare to the Golf R calipers weight wise, as I've never taken mine completely off yet.

For the price, I'm happy with what's in the box. All new hardware, wear sensor wiring, OEM pads, calipers and rotors, all brand new in the OEM packing.

Overkill, but that's life with a modded car. :cool:

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Yeah they seem to be pretty light. Not sure how they compare to the Golf R calipers weight wise, as I've never taken mine completely off yet.

For the price, I'm happy with what's in the box. All new hardware, wear sensor wiring, OEM pads, calipers and rotors, all brand new in the OEM packing.

oem caliper/carrier vs TTRS caliper/carrier are literally night and day.

sukeyes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK6

1675949498702.png

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Is that the old aluminum bracket or the new steel ones?

I still need to try fitting the VBT brackets with my 340mm rotors and see if they fit the vented heat shields...

sukeyes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK6
Is that the old aluminum bracket or the new steel ones?

I still need to try fitting the VBT brackets with my 340mm rotors and see if they fit the vented heat shields...

Which aluminum bracket are you referring to??
The OEM TRW single pot calipers are of cast iron made... hence the heavy weight...

IMG_6170__94825.jpg

Last edited:

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Which aluminum bracket are you referring to??
The OEM TRW single pot calipers are of cast iron made... hence the heavy weight...

View attachment 272624
1675972907033.png

The lighter, black-anodized aluminum one on the bottom is the original VBT carrier that they recalled due to failures. The raw billet steel one above is heavier but supposedly much safer. Haven't weighed either.

sukeyes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK6
View attachment 272629

The lighter, black-anodized aluminum one on the bottom is the original VBT carrier that they recalled due to failures. The raw billet steel one above is heavier but supposedly much safer. Haven't weighed either.
Nope... the bracket on the photo comes from a bigger MQB AP kit...

https://www.vagbremtechnic.com/fron...-calipers-with-362x32mm-2-piece-discs-bk0020/

To my opinion, Vagbremtechnic and their R&D, failed to manufacture a structurally reliable product which would fullfil all safety demands...

I suspect both design and material chosen have failed...

And the proof is that they took a step back 🔙 by reproducing it in steel...

I have some experience on manufacturing caliper brackets for custom brake kits, and I can assure you that isn't an easy task...

IMG-443af89618d2b5e17e2dcce95426b514-V.jpg

Long term stress tests should be operated...

IMG-aa6f1ebfc902d2b1d9a5a3b76f366073-V.jpg