GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TTRS Brembo Upgrade Info

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
It's a good price if you wanna run the bigger rotors. If you're gonna get the aftermarket bracket to run smaller rotors then it's not a good deal imho

I haven’t decided if I want to do this anyways. At $1350 for all that above, or $900 for some busted ass calipers that need rebuilt anyways, I’d lean for the full kit.

I still don’t need the big brakes for anything I’m doing, and if the OEM rotors are good enough, but not good for a track, then I’d be alright with that. Worse case I can pull them off and resale things.

I do think they look great stuffed under the front wheels. I’m sure from what I’ve heard there would be a noticeable difference in braking feel over what I have now, I don’t want to downplay that. Who knows, maybe they’d add improvement to times on an autocross course.

Last edited:

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
I haven’t decided if I want to do this anyways. At $1350 for all that above, or $900 for some busted ass calipers that need rebuilt anyways, I’d lean for the full kit.

I still don’t need the big brakes for anything I’m doing, and if the OEM rotors are good enough, but not good for a track, then I’d be alright with that. Worse case I can pull them off and resale things.

I do think they look great stuffed under the front wheels.
You can get "busted ass" that are rebuilt and painted calipers for 1k from the same place you get the bracket for the smaller rotors.

Since a lot of people don't know this the 05-06 Ford GT (not mustang), Aston Martin V8 Vantage, and Aston Martin db9 use the same style caliper as the ttrs. The only difference is it doesn't have that brake hose bracket on the back and it has Aston stampings instead of audi, and of course it still has brembo stampings on it all 4 calipers are the same style so you just gotta make sure you buy in a pair of all front or all rear(at least for the gt and db9). If you don't wanna worry about swapping bleeders or anything gets a rear pair. The LR will go on RF and RR will for on LF. If you're lucky you might be able to find ford gt calipers new painted in the color you want, they don't have any decals like the Aston does. If you get a fron pair you can run them how they sit but technically the bigger caliper piston is sitting in the wrong position

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
You can get "busted ass" that are rebuilt and painted calipers for 1k from the same place you get the bracket for the smaller rotors.

Since a lot of people don't know this the 05-06 Ford GT (not mustang), Aston Martin V8 Vantage, and Aston Martin db9 use the same style caliper as the ttrs. The only difference is it doesn't have that brake hose bracket on the back and it has Aston stampings instead of audi, and of course it still has brembo stampings on it all 4 calipers are the same style so you just gotta make sure you buy in a pair of all front or all rear(at least for the gt and db9). If you don't wanna worry about swapping bleeders or anything gets a rear pair. The LR will go on RF and RR will for on LF. If you're lucky you might be able to find ford gt calipers new painted in the color you want, they don't have any decals like the Aston does. If you get a fron pair you can run them how they sit but technically the bigger caliper piston is sitting in the wrong position

You talking about from VBT?

I did know they’re the same for those other models, just haven’t had as much luck searching the used market.

scrllock

Autocross Champion

I do think they look great stuffed under the front wheels. I’m sure from what I’ve heard there would be a noticeable difference in braking feel over what I have now, I don’t want to downplay that. Who knows, maybe they’d add improvement to times on an autocross course.
As long as the leading piston is the smaller one with the caliper in the leading position, they're fine. Can always swap the bleeders around to flip them.
I see way more TTRS takeoffs than anything else, it's not really worth looking for ford gt/aston martin calipers on marketplace, if you know what I mean. The bracket on the back doesn't do a whole lot either way.

If you're doing it for looks I'd suggest going for a rebuilt setup, might as well get the color and branding you want. Practically speaking there's not much difference and you can opt for nicer pistons/boots during the rebuild.

Reactions: krs

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
If you're doing it for looks I'd suggest going for a rebuilt setup, might as well get the color and branding you want. Practically speaking there's not much difference and you can opt for nicer pistons/boots during the rebuild.
Yeah, but I really don’t see busted calipers for sale at a fair price like you picked yours up for. Typically it seems that people are asking like $750ish for ones that look real tired already.
*speaking of that what’s the company that rebuilt and coated yours? I recall you saying the do lots of shipped in ordered

I just checked VBT since that was mentioned above - “non busted” calipers without the Aston branding come to a total $1,348 after shipping 😂.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Yeah, but I really don’t see busted calipers for sale at a fair price like you picked yours up for. Typically it seems that people are asking like $750ish for ones that look real tired already.
*speaking of that what’s the company that rebuilt and coated yours? I recall you saying the do lots of shipped in ordered

I just checked VBT since that was mentioned above - “non busted” calipers without the Aston branding come to a total $1,348 after shipping 😂.
I see them between $800-900 fairly regularly. I can try to post listings here when I spot 'em. Usually you have to convince people not to bother shipping the rotors, just not worth shipping used rotors.
I used these guys: https://www.instagram.com/caliperclinic/

Last edited:

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI

If you don't wanna put in the work it's gonna be expensive to get that shipped to the states. I got gt calipers for 350, painted and rebuilt for another 100. If you're in the business of making money you can buy one of the db9 or gt sets on ebay and paint/rebuild and you're getting a free bbk out of it buy selling the other two calipers. Hell you can get two db9 calipers for 700 right now on eBay and that's before sending an offer

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
If you don't wanna put in the work it's gonna be expensive to get that shipped to the states. I got gt calipers for 350, painted and rebuilt for another 100. If you're in the business of making money you can buy one of the db9 or gt sets on ebay and paint/rebuild and you're getting a free bbk out of it buy selling the other two calipers. Hell you can get two db9 calipers for 700 right now on eBay and that's before sending an offer

Seems like a good side hustle for someone… not me though. Maybe if I had shop space and all my tools with me in one state, and with the time to do that.

Anyways, I settled on what I feel is an acceptable price to me with the seller. Then I forgot eBay collects sales tax. :rolleyes: But still at a price point I’m good with.

I appreciate the opinions provided to my questions, I’m sure I’ll have more.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Are there any decent pads with the wear sensors on them? I cross referenced with the Macan thread, it looks like some centrics.

Or should I just clip the plug off my current pads and not worry about it?

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Are there any decent pads with the wear sensors on them? I cross referenced with the Macan thread, it looks like some centrics.

Or should I just clip the plug off my current pads and not worry about it?
None come with the sensor pre-installed that I'm aware of. OE TTRS pads (pagig, textar, ate: 8J0698151K) should be pre-slotted for it. iSweep also have the slot on their street pads:
https://neuspeed.com/collections/au...-pads-front-is1500r860?variant=31440580378758

I just used a plug on my sensor back when I first switched to ferodos, it's pretty easy to check pad depth on these calipers. I'm not sure if the stock Golf sensor will fit these pads or if you can connect the TTRS sensor to the Golf (8J0615437).

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
None come with the sensor pre-installed that I'm aware of. OE TTRS pads (pagig, textar, ate: 8J0698151K) should be pre-slotted for it. iSweep also have the slot on their street pads:
https://neuspeed.com/collections/au...-pads-front-is1500r860?variant=31440580378758

I just used a plug on my sensor back when I first switched to ferodos, it's pretty easy to check pad depth on these calipers. I'm not sure if the stock Golf sensor will fit these pads or if you can connect the TTRS sensor to the Golf (8J0615437).
Great, thanks. I figure with how much I have wheels in and off, it’ll be easy to keep tabs on pad wear. I won’t worry about the sensors then.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R

According to VBT, they don’t currently ship to the US anyways.

They sent me to someone else to order the brake lines and brackets. Figured I’d have the brackets on hand in the event I ever wanted to use the smaller rotor, or for resale.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
According to VBT, they don’t currently ship to the US anyways.

They sent me to someone else to order the brake lines and brackets. Figured I’d have the brackets on hand in the event I ever wanted to use the smaller rotor, or for resale.
uhhhhh

that can't be correct...I just ordered my OEM to TTRS brake lines from them

• Sad

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
uhhhhh

that can't be correct...I just ordered my OEM to TTRS brake lines from them
🤔

1675701311838.png

I emailed back asking them when this changed...