GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TTRS Brembo Upgrade Info

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Important update:

Just got an email from VBT saying that all aluminum brake adapter kits sold from July 2020 and onward are being recalled due to a "very small number of failures." They're replacing any aluminum alloy brackets with steel. Anyone who ordered a set to fit TTRS brembos should be aware.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Finally got around to putting these on, important to note that the FCP1334 ferodo pads don't fit (too thick). Bought a set of FCP3067H from MAP and they drop right in. The 8V dust shields fit pretty well, just have to bend them back a bit where they contact the caliper. On my Mk7.5 R I had to bend back the brake sensor bracket on the passenger side as well. All very minor modifications. Going to cut back the brake booster and hydraulic brake booster adaptations back a notch.

Last edited:

MrFabulous

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport
That is interesting that the 1334's didn't fit. I don't recall if you're using a 32mm or 34mm thick rotor. I had the same issues but I was using the 34mm rotor.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
That is interesting that the 1334's didn't fit. I don't recall if you're using a 32mm or 34mm thick rotor. I had the same issues but I was using the 34mm rotor.
I'm using the 370x32mm 8J spec. I was asking Girodisc about pads and they said they only really sell/recommend the 14-15mm thick pads (e.g. 3067).

MrFabulous

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport
I've done 2 tracks with the TTRS Calipers and DS2500s. At Autobahn South they're great. At Road America I probably needed a different compound. Got a little bit of a long pedal during my second session. I run RBF660 and I didn't bleed between days so YMMV but those we my observations.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
I've done 2 tracks with the TTRS Calipers and DS2500s. At Autobahn South they're great. At Road America I probably needed a different compound. Got a little bit of a long pedal during my second session. I run RBF660 and I didn't bleed between days so YMMV but those we my observations.
I'm finding at the small michigan tracks they're passable. I'm sure it's a different story at the high speed southern tracks. Not looking forward to the cost of DS1.11

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Tested fitting to see if they clear the 18” konig countergrams (et35) without spacers and while it does fit even with the wheels weights right in the path of the caliper, the face is soo close to the spoke that I already nicked the caliper paint off😩… not even from putting it on either, it was the 1-2mm of movement the wheel makes while you tighten the lugs down rhat caused it🤷🏼‍♂️

New wheels on the way should have much more comfortable clearance though.

BA0ACEF1-641C-4007-83B2-CAD79FBF6FB4.jpeg
A534AD68-C039-47F5-8667-2BEE80F3C08E.jpeg
1D29951C-20EF-4E75-86D3-50DA3AFE885B.jpeg

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I was worried about that with most of the konigs. So far my neuspeed/apex wheels have all cleared with plenty of room.
Yeah, these are a newer model too with their “best brake clearance” currently - so I’m sure most of the other ones gonna hit real bad without a spacer!